Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,
I've got a 16' JKU with a TF Performance Leveling kit, Rubi shocks and 315/70R17 tires on Mammoth Boulder rims. I'd like to get a smoother ride so looking to swap out the shocks for something a little more comfortable like a set of Bilsteins or Fox Adventure shocks. I'm trying to plan ahead for a slightly larger lift in the future so I was wondering if there would be any issues running a shock for a 1.5-3.5 inch lift on a TF performance leveling kit for a few months.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Two much longer shocks will allow the front driveshaft to hit the exhaust crossover melting the rubber boot.
The Teraflex 9550 shock that comes with 2.5 kit will work.
I think it's 24.5 inches extended.

·
Registered
504 Posts
My 5100s did allow the front driveshaft boot to touch the exhaust cross over at full droop.The 5100s I have are for 1.5 to 3 inches of lift.They are 24.63 inches fully extended.

·
Super Moderator
14,540 Posts
The FOX 1.5's would have great spec's for the leveling kit. But you should add a 1" bump stop with the Fox or the Bilstein's. Their compressed length is around 1" longer than stock. If you don't protect them, you'll eventually damage the seals.

·
Registered
412 Posts
The FOX 1.5's would have great spec's for the leveling kit. But you should add a 1" bump stop with the Fox or the Bilstein's. Their compressed length is around 1" longer than stock. If you don't protect them, you'll eventually damage the seals.
Any recommendations on which ones to go with?

·
Super Moderator
14,540 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,540 Posts
What to go with for the bump stops, not the shocks
Oops, sorry...

You'd be looking at 1" front and rear for shock protection using the Fox shocks.

For Bilsteins, It's actually a little less on front... And possible to go without, but every Jeep is a little different. Collapsed length is 14.98 and stock Rubicon is 14.75. The stock sport shock is 14.02 collapsed.

In the rear, it's still 1" for the Bilsteins.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Oops, sorry...

You'd be looking at 1" front and rear for shock protection using the Fox shocks.

For Bilsteins, It's actually a little less on front... And possible to go without, but every Jeep is a little different. Collapsed length is 14.98 and stock Rubicon is 14.75. The stock sport shock is 14.02 collapsed.

In the rear, it's still 1" for the Bilsteins.
I have the 5100s and did put 1 inch bump stops(all 4 corners) also.The bump stop thing sometimes gets over looked but is important.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts