Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Took a new 2011 JKS to the daughter in Orange Park, Florida by way of Washington DC from Oklahoma City. Drove her 2009 JKS back home. Then she decided she wanted her 2009 back so another round trip to Florida. I kept the 201l. Four weeks old and 6,800 miles. Last summer I took the old 1995 4 cylinder Wrangler topless from Oklahoma City to the far side of Seattle. Three days. Left it with my son who is a Navy Chief. He loves driving around in the old Jeep when on leave. Many trips to New Mexico and Denver.

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
Almost 900 miles home in one day from the dealer. I drove straight there with my trade in so it was 1800 miles in under 30 hours!!! 2 drivers switching off. I'm building an overland rig so there will be ones a lot longer in the future.

·
Super Moderator
9,115 Posts
6400 and 4200 miles

In the winter of 2012-13 we went from So Cal to BC, then down across Washington, NE corner of Oregon, across Idaho into Utah: we visited Moab and every National Park east of I-15...Arches, Northern Canyonlands; into Western Colorado, So Canyonlands Capitol Reef, Grand Staircase Escalante, Bryce, Zion and back to Los Angeles.

This past winter we took three weeks: Los Angeles to Glacier National Park in Montana, to Vancouver, BC, to Eastern Oregon back to Los Angeles. We crossed California, Nevada, Utah, Idaho, Western Montana, Idaho again, Washington into BC. Then we crossed Washington, Oregon and California.

We found snow from the moment entered Utah until we left Oregon.

It was one of the best road trips I ever did.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
In the winter of 2012-13 we went from So Cal to BC, then down across Washington, NE corner of Oregon, across Idaho into Utah: we visited Moab and every National Park east of I-15...Arches, Northern Canyonlands; into Western Colorado, So Canyonlands Capitol Reef, Grand Staircase Escalante, Bryce, Zion and back to Los Angeles.

This past winter we took three weeks: Los Angeles to Glacier National Park in Montana, to Vancouver, BC, to Eastern Oregon back to Los Angeles. We crossed California, Nevada, Utah, Idaho, Western Montana, Idaho again, Washington into BC. Then we crossed Washington, Oregon and California.

We found snow from the moment entered Utah until we left Oregon.

It was one of the best road trips I ever did.
Sounds like two great trips.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Got back a few weeks ago from a trip to Springfield, mo to St. Louis back to Springfield then to waynoka ok to wheel at little Sahara state park. Then back to springfield and finally back home to Jax Florida. A touch under 4K miles for the whole trip

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Upstate NY to Tampa. About 1250 miles one way I think so about 2500 miles in one week. With 285/70/17.....damn, they were just like the Duratrac. Same tire basically but different manufacture.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Vancouver BC to Houston Texas to Spring Hill Florida to Toronto and back to Vancouver. One driver in 2012 JK.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Arizona to Alaska earlier this month. 3900 miles in seven days. Pulling a 2500 lb trailer. I thought it would be hell, but it actually wasn't so bad. With 4.10 gearing it pulled the hills pretty easily. I had heard of atrocious mileage when pulling a trailer, but I got anywhere from 14 to 17 mpg per tank.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
OKC to Chicago, to Green Bay, to Newport State Park (WI) I think that ended up being around 2500 miles roundtrip. We spent 10 days up there.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Moved from Brooklyn, NY to Las Vegas, NV around 2007. 2550 miles, 3 days in a 2002 TJ fully loaded with stuff and my Boxer. The drive was good, but when he wasnt looking out the window, he decided to lay his head on my thigh. Super uncomfortable... Only concern was in NM, there was a sign, no more gas for 150 miles. I calculated that I had about 170 miles left in the tank (the last gas stations gas price was quite a bit more and I hate paying more for gas). Well what I didnt calculate was the long steep mountians and my gas MPG. I got a little worried, so going down hill I tossed it in N and coasted down the hills... Made it, by about 1/2 a gallon...... It was a great trip, would love to do it again, Griswald style in my JKU....

·
Registered
215 Posts
Just completed Orlando Fla To Moab UT (for EJS) and returned traveling through the southwest. 3 Weeks and 6000 miles! no issues, JKUR ran great. We were surprised how well the road manners were with the stock mud tires. We are already planning our next road trip.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Chicago to Corpus Christi and back last year.
Chicago to Austin this year, pulling a trailer cause I'm not going back.

·
Registered
395 Posts
5200 miles right off the dealers lot last July. SD,WY, UT, ID, MT and back to the range.

In June I'm drving to Asheville for work then over to UT to visit my wife and back to MN. In Sept I'm driving to San Diego for work.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Tampa to suburb of Atlanta, about 500 miles. Drove up in a VW Jetta, drove back in a JK WW. Wife wanted a yellow Willys and that was the closest one. Drive back took 3 fill ups, drive up took 1. I told her to get use to it.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
1 tank of gas, 250 miles. That's about how far I can get in 1 trip.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
In mr 4 week old 2016 JK went from Dallas to pick up buddy in Phoenix then on to San Diego for Charger game including Tailgating and brewery hopping.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Just over 4,500 miles. From PHX to Minneapolis to visit family and then camping on the way back at National Parks in ND, SD, WY, and UT. Great trip and the Jeep was a lot more comfortable on the long haul than I anticipated.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts