Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally did it. After looking for a year I broke down and traded our Town and Country in. I now have a big brother for my YJ. I know you either like 'em or hate 'em, but I love this one.

I went for the 4.7 liter V-8. It is a Rocky Mountain edition. I will tell you it is a blast to drive. I know it is not a Wrangler, but it is a jeep.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
sexy

~Lev

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Those are very nice, the wifey keeps threatening to trade the Rubi in, on one...........:eek:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!..........:D

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you. It was just sitting on the lot with 43 other Commanders. It looked the saddest, so that's how I chose. Actually it was the only one that was trail rated with the Rocky package.

They also had two 08 black 2 door Rubi's. One of those went when I was signing for mine. They also had 3 08 four doors. I really wanted one of those, but my wife was the voice of reason. We have two kids and need to haul their friends. I needed the seating for seven.

I am only averaging about 10 miles a gallon. I hope to see some improvement. I am not complaining. I would not have got it if I was really worried about gas mileage. It has so much more torque that the 3.7. That is worth it.

It is a head turner. I stopped at two places after we left the stealership. I only have one person ask if it was a Hummer. I proudly told them it was not.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I love the Commander......it keeps all us techs in paychecks:p

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
nice!!!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Very cool, I really like them as well.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Tow Rig. :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
My wife drives a Commander & loves it, we've never gotten over 14 mpg with the 4.7, but economy isnt why we bought it. It also handles our 5500 lb boat very well. Good luck, did you get the lifetime powertrain warranty?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Very nice. You are going to love that 4.7

You should see an increase in MPG after your first or second oil change.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
:wavey: as stated in another thread :wavey:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, I have the lifetime powertrain warranty. The salesman said I would get the info in the mail in about a week or so. He said I just needed to keep documentation of all maintenance and that I didn't need to take it to the dealership for work. I want to confirm that though. It is going to be a great trailer rig. I still like driving my YJ though. I wish they would put the 4.7 in the wranglers.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Yes, I have the lifetime powertrain warranty. The salesman said I would get the info in the mail in about a week or so. He said I just needed to keep documentation of all maintenance and that I didn't need to take it to the dealership for work. I want to confirm that though. It is going to be a great trailer rig. I still like driving my YJ though. I wish they would put the 4.7 in the wranglers.
Your salesman should have told you that all oil changes and maintenance need to be done at the dealership. You cannot change your oil yourself and keep the receipts. You also need to have your powertrain inspected every 5 years, within 60 days of your delivery date.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The traction control is great. My buddy bought his 3 weeks ago and we had to test it. He could bind it up to where it would lift a wheel up on a sand hill, stop, and then drop it in drive, the traction control would lock up the tire not touching the ground, and let him drive on up the hill.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts