Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

New to the forum. Just bought a '95 yj sahara with 102K on the clock, see pic. Looking for the "must have" upgrade ideas. It runs awesome and appears to be bone stock except for the lift, K&N filter, suspension, stereo and wheels. A few small surface rust spots so I'm going to tackle those 1st. What next?

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

-Bill :punk:

·
Vendor
5,544 Posts
Yeah, narrow it down like Daddy Jeep says, and we'll help you spend your money!

Here's my list, but it's more for Colorado rock climbing than what you might have in mind:

1. Absolute minimum lift required for 33" tires.
2. Good 33" tires. Plain rims, or whatever I already have.
3. Protection. Sliders and skids
4. Lockers front and rear. Or just rear if on a budget.
5. Fancy bumpers with pull attachments. (I like HighRock ones, for some reason)

And in between, some non essential fun stuff. A Bikini top, tube doors maybe, CB radio if I go on club runs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great ideas, thanks. I'll be mainly on road so looking for a good compromise between on/off road upgrades. there aren't many serious off road destinations around here. I would like to get some rubber with a wider profile, it currently has 31's on it. What would you all recommend for wheel/tire combo size and brands? Also, I'd like to protect the undercarriage and spend the cash to extend the life as long as possible so any suggestions you have on that would be appreciated too. Thanks again. -Bill

·
after birthday glow
1,963 Posts
if its a weekend warrior and a budget build then start with the bumpers it will look cool and help for when u get stuck and a winch while ur in the area working on the bumper what is the lift on it currently

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Morpheus, thanks for the reply. the springs are labeled "black diamond" so I'm assuming that was part of the lift kit. the lift looks like about 2" or so. do you know what size tires I can use on these rims and lift? it currently has 31x10.5R15's. here's another pic of the rear...

Thanks. -Bill

·
Registered
486 Posts
Good first upgrade is to go through it and change/check all the fluids, (front and rear diffs.,transmission,transfer case).
Go through check all the u-joints,suspension bolts,etc...
make sure the jeep is safe and ready for wheelin' without breakdowns.
Good looking jeep,welcome to the forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts