Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Firstt post here.
I'm looking at a YJ 2.5L base model. I'm not using it for major offroading, but just to get me through some trails to some campsites that my little seden can't make it through (pot holes, bigger rocks in the road).
I can't really find any good deals on a TJ right now, but there are plenty of YJ's around.

Do you think the 2.5L will be alright for light trail camping?

Thanks!

·
Registered
848 Posts
As long as you stay with standard size tires you should be fine. You will not be able to cruise the highway at 70 mph unless you are going down hill but you will have decent ground clearance and should be able to navigate the roads you described.

Only caution is that these are not new vehicles by any stretch. A good YJ that doesn't have a rusted out frame or undisclosed modifications may be a little harder to find than you think.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I've been running a 93 yj with a 2.5 for several years and love it. Sure, a 6 cyl. Has more power no doubt about it but my 4 cyl. Does the job just fine. I'm running 235/75x15 tires, about 28" , Good performance in town, on the highway, and out on the trail and off the trail. Lovin it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts