Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a YJ on CL and going to look at it tomorrow. It's a stock 4cyl, and the owner is an older guy. 160k miles no issues and a newer soft top (so he says). Asking $2k. What things should I look for when I look it over?

To be honest, I was looking for a built up XJ, but found this one during my search, and while it is completely stock, the price is right.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Definitely look for frame rust and for rust around the windshield. Floorboards are another area to look out for. I just pick up a 95 YJ for 2k. Mine has 152k miles, and it's completly stock other than the 31 inch tires.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Look @ the oil pan, cross-member, u-bolt thread ends, and gas tank skid plate if you want to see if it has ever been seriously off-roaded. check the frame end(S) where the spring shackles attach for rust stress. Check where the steering box attaches to the frame stress, missing / stripped bolts. Floor pans and where the seatbelts attach to the tub (lower by where roll-bar attaches to the tub) for rust...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts