Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying a home in the Grand Lake Oklahoma area and I need to buy a short vehicle to fit in the parking area that the location has. There is a good off road area nearby, not that I would use it frequently, but I am thinking that a Jeep would be better than a side by side, and be more functional.
I have been researching the Rubicon, it looks like that is the best for general purpose.
I have a Ford 2011 Ford F 350 Diesel now, it is 23' and can pull a house - but I will no longer need it.
So the question I want to ask - new or used? Rubicon or some other, and if used what year?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Often used jeeps cost almost as much as new ones especially if financing. With new, you know how well it has been cared for. I would only go rubicon if you plan on serious off roading with rock climbing. You could build yours up if you go sport. The willy package is often referred to as a rubicon lite. It has many off the rubicon options. Also half doors only available, no cost on sport and willys but you may have order it. Shop around for best quote. They are a lot of fun especially doorless and topless

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I am looking at a Rubicon - it is expensive but I don't think I will have to do any upgrades.

·
Super Moderator
10,628 Posts
Sounds like you are looking for an occasional vehicle.

Look for any 2015 2-door Rubicons leftover; dealers will be looking to haggle.

If you do find one, 10% off MSRP should be achievable. That's how I got mine.

Good luck.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Sounds like you are looking for an occasional vehicle.

Look for any 2015 2-door Rubicons leftover; dealers will be looking to haggle.

If you do find one, 10% off MSRP should be achievable. That's how I got mine.

Good luck.
I found a 2015 Leftover and got a little over 20% off MSRP (10k discount)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts