Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
ill write this up, maybe it will help someone be confident in negotiating. yes, phone and email are very effective. bottom line is that you are trying to find a dealer who is willing to deal(for any number of reasons: maybe they just sold a car at $10k profit to someone who got all the warranties, paid list and are willing to sell one for less; maybe they are a couple cars away from a chrysler dealer sales incentive and selling more cars is more important than pure profit; maybe they need cash-every car on the lot costs them money because they themselves financed them)

heres my last buying experience(I bought a Rubicon for @ 18% off list): 1) i searched all the Rubicons in 500 mi radius for the 2 colors I liked and sorted by price. 2) i contacted the 3 lowest dealers and got the best price from the sales person("Im out of state but I like this color, Im looking at a couple, whats the best you can do?")

3) once I got the best price from the salesperson, since I didnt think any of them were the best price, I contacted the General Manager (email is always listed) with a short but nice message "I dealt with your sales person, very helpful and knowledgeable. I really like this car stock #XYZ but we couldnt come to terms on a price. Im willing to pay $123k for it if you are interested in putting a deal together?" .....1 dealer didnt bother to return my message, 1 dealer was nice but said their jeep selling season just started and they are are not dropping the inventory now, 1 dealer GM wrote me back and said' I cant do it for that price but lets talk'

my last advice: some of the fees are important to the dealer like destination, prep, doc fees. thats how they make extra margin. in my experience, I asked the dealer 'what are all the fees added on and the total price out the door?' and at that point I have been successful saying 'I wont negotiate on your doc fees or your destination charge but i need the out the door price to be $xxx' . in the case of the dealer I bought from we were like $300 away and they had a $500 Rubicon prep fee that included like Nitrogen and wheel locks. I told the dealer I dont need that(wheel locks are like $30) and thats how we got to the final price.

listen, it takes extra work but you can save like $5,000+. I see too many people that get sucked into focusing on the monthly payment and other things like 'the extended paint protection only adds $50 per month'. WTH, thats like $3,000 on a 60 month loan.

PS: the shipping cost will be on you so try to stay within like 200 miles. its like $250 to ship or more based on distance obviously

good luck

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Also,
3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg I w/ESS vs 2.0L I4 DOHC DI Turbo Engine w/ ESS

Are there strong opinions on these? I am really not sure

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
There is a jeep at a dealer that looks real nice but it’s a little too far out. Is it bad to haggle with a dealer for a jeep at another dealer?

or should I try to get a price on a similar jeep at a dealer and call to use that as leverage?

how accurate is the online stock these days?

thank you all. Loan approved for agreat rate and zeroing on my jeep! Looking like a sport s. The willys are all the wrong color for me. Saw a nice sargent green sport s with the anti spin differential that looked real nice

·
Registered
327 Posts
Try Carson City Jeep Ram. In this area they are the most aggressive in pricing. I just bought a truck and was looking at new, they had the best deals on the west coast. Dave Smith was not even close in pricing and they don't throw a bunch of crap on the vehicle to jack up the profits. I ended up buying a used 2018 truck with 26,000 miles on it for 30,000 less than new up in Boise, ID which has a crazy amount of jeep/ram dealers. A long way for you but you might get lucky up there. Doing a quick search there are 353 used 2018-2020 jeep wranglers for sale under $45k. Have you bothered to look at used? Buy an unlimited Carfax for $40 and start searching. Let someone else eat the depreciation which will increase because of all of the factory deals that have been going on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
There is a new Willys in Sarge green in transit to the dealer. I saw this on jeep.com. I wonder how long before it is on the lot. Maybe I should go look at other jeeps and then work my way into saying it would be nice if a green version of this model was available. And maybe get a deal?
And no I haven’t looked at used. I don’t buy cars very often and when I do it would be nice to have a new. My first car I drove into the ground for about eight years. That one was used. My next car is my current that I have had for over 15 years.

·
Registered
327 Posts
BTW there is no "rubicon" spring. The rubicon suspension is just gas charged shocks. The Willys is really a rip off for what you pay extra for it like all the other special editions. People that tout the Willys edition as a "Rubicon Lite" are just FOS. $1700 for red shocks, some aluminum wheels, slightly bigger tires, LDS, and a sticker. You cant even get 3.73 gears in the willys sport.

The Rubicon gets axles, transfer case, sway bar disconnect, bigger tires, and comes with a lot of standard features that are options or you cant even get on the Willys sport

You should start with the drivetrain you want since there are 3 different motors and 3 transmissions. Then pick what creature comforts you want. Power package, tow package, safety package, audio package? Soft top or hard top. Not all packages are available in all models.

AS far as some off road and camping any of the stock jeeps is going to be way more capable then you are driving it off road. Pick what you want for your everyday uses since that is what it will me 99% of the time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The thing about the Willys i love is the wheels. Love that look. I don't like the wheels on the sport S nearly as much. The price difference between is about 1600 as you stated for the options I would like. Willys is in transit and the sport s is on the lot.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Getting a jeep!!!!!!!!!!! Haggled and haggled and so on and with some garbage they had on there got about 9% off. Will post a pic later. So excited!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Now I am gonna need a bike rack, doesn’t have a hitch think I would be fine with a standard tow hitch for like 200-400 and maybe some tube doors or something?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Sarge Green, Unlimited Sport S

3.6L 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg I w/ESS
Quick Order Package 24S Sport S
automatic 8-speed
3 piece hard top
Safety group
LED headlamp and fog
Anti spin differential rear axle
Tech group with the 7” screen and carplay
New large mud tires and wheel locks (got them to throw those in as they put them on and didn’t list it)

21 - 32 of 32 Posts