Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at purchasing a front bumper for my 03 wrangler TJ. I really like the body armor 4x4 front formed winch bumper, but am sorta worried about the quality of it, because 1. Have never heard of Body armor brand, 2. Cant find any reviews or forums about others that have this product. So if anyone that has this bumper or knows something about it, any information would be helpful.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I have a metal cloak frame built on my jeep and a 10,000# winch. It looks badass. The aluminum base option keeps the over all weight down, and it is tough as hell. I've been yanked out of tight spots many of times by that bumper.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Body Armor bumpers are a good quality I run one of there bumpers that they don't make anymore at least for the TJ's. If I remember correctly they are made here in the states, but I'm not sure, while the other two bumpers that both 02tj and Wondertwin1 mentioned are both good brands and that they stand behind their products.

There other thing is that the option is yours, but what it comes down to is how much money are you willing to spend.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Body Armor bumpers are a good quality I run one of there bumpers that they don't make anymore at least for the TJ's. If I remember correctly they are made here in the states, but I'm not sure, while the other two bumpers that both 02tj and Wondertwin1 mentioned are both good brands and that they stand behind their products.

There other thing is that the option is yours, but what it comes down to is how much money are you willing to spend.
Yeah this is true, I like the body armor bumper look and functionality, it's just I'd hate to spend the money and then have it like buckle up while I was winching or something like that.

·
Registered
280 Posts
ek5soccer as long as you don't go over the recommended winch spec then you shouldn't have anything to worry about and I believe the max pull rated winch you can install is a 9,500lbs.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have the JCR offroad stubby pre-runner winch bumper. It is really well made and fit perfectly. I had a local shop spray it with bedliner for $75 and it looks good and the finish is very tough. I added an Engo 10k winch and it fit perfectly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts