Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does the gab between the bumpers/body indicate a body lift.....or is that the design of those bumpers? I'm not a fan of body lifts....but atleast it's easily reversable.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Seems very pricey for what it is. That's also quite a bit of cloth. Four half doors? That's a dream for some, but personally, I was happy to get rid of my YJ after 6 years with half doors...to get a TJ where I could actually roll a window down. ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Trade-in is around $15K if it is absolutely clean (carfax, certifiable) so $20K is high. I saw a 2012 Unlimited X with 285 Nitos and only 4k miles for $26K today and it's been sitting on the lot her in Alabama for weeks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have to agree. the price is high. I dont know alot being new to the wrangler world, but I just bought my 2011 jku rubicon with 11,000 miles for $30,000.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Chances are it had big tires on it, owner took them off before trading it in and put the stockers back on. Probably to sell or put on another vehicle. Look for off-road damage. Check the boots on the drive shafts.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Stock SR-A's on a lifted Jeep with a Cold Air Intake?

Pretty sure it had different wheels on it. I wonder what the gear ratio is on it?

·
Registered
892 Posts
No carpet in the rear, it has been removed. Either this thing leaks or it was wheeled. Aftermarket rear bumper. Probably a spacer lift. I agree with others that it had bigger tires and they were probably swapped at trade in. $21k is way too high. If you pay more than about $16-17k for this you paid too much.

·
Contorting Member
242 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Ofcourse its been wheeled, it's a Jeep! Doesnt mean you got to stay away from it, just inspect it real close. Oh and to those talking about the price.......who pays sticker price on any vehicle? No kidding it's too high, it's at a Jeep dealer. Play their games and make them squirm, get the Jeep you want at the price you want. Just dont let them take charge of the wheeling and dealing.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I just picked this up this weekend for 18k, 07, 42k miles, 5.38's with lockers.
Thought that was pretty good, though the 5.38's are tough on normal driving.
This is NC.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just got back from Austin, I'm glad I didnt go down there JUST to look at that Jeep (my folks live there and needed to pay a visit). I was disapointed. It's in decent shape but the body lift gap is worse in person and I'm not a fan of those bumpers. Both things that could be changed and would be anyways even if it was stock...but what ever. This would have been a daily driver (80 miles a day round trip for work) and the wind noise was too much for me for that much driving daily. The door tops didnt seem to fit or seal quite right.

Pass. Moving on.

Thanks for yall's replies.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Just got back from Austin, I'm glad I didnt go down there JUST to look at that Jeep (my folks live there and needed to pay a visit). I was disapointed. It's in decent shape but the body lift gap is worse in person and I'm not a fan of those bumpers. Both things that could be changed and would be anyways even if it was stock...but what ever. This would have been a daily driver (80 miles a day round trip for work) and the wind noise was too much for me for that much driving daily. The door tops didnt seem to fit or seal quite right.

Pass. Moving on.

Thanks for yall's replies.
Those half doors not sealing up is probably why the carpet was removed in the back. I bet it has/had leak issues. Good decision to pass.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts