Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a good 33" tire that won't drain my wallet but I don't want a bad tire either. Anyone know of any deals on tires right now? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
Not sure what wheel size you have, or how they vary in price, but I got myself some General Grabber AT2s in 275/70/18 this time last year from Discount Tire Direct. I think I paid $991 for all 5 shipped to my house. $60 for mount and Roadforce balance. That was good price for me and they have worn and performed well for about 12000 miles now.

Joe

Check out my build thread for pics.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure what wheel size you have, or how they vary in price, but I got myself some General Grabber AT2s in 275/70/18 this time last year from Discount Tire Direct. I think I paid $991 for all 5 shipped to my house. $60 for mount and Roadforce balance. That was good price for me and they have worn and performed well for about 12000 miles now. Joe Check out my build thread for pics.
I'll be running 17in wheels, that sounds like a good deal, I'll definitely check them out. I can't seem to find any time that isn't $230+ each and that's before mountain and balancing.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
President's Day sale should be coming up at Discount Tire. Check 2/12.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I went DIRT CHEAP!

Let me qualify that by saying I drive the Jeep less than 5,000 miles a year so most likely my tires will be in need of replacement due to age rather than wear. That being said, I looked for cheap 33's knowing tread wear most likely not be an issue for me personally.

I looked for a tire that was cheap but also garnered decent reviews from users. I settled on Khumo Road Venture AT KL78's. Tire Rack.com had more than 500 reviews and were awarded an average 4 out of 5 stars by owners. All the tire performance ratings were either excellent or superior so I rolled the dice and made the purchase. I bought 5 305/70/16's on eBay at the bargain price of $144.00 apiece with free delivery! They are mounted on 16x8 inch rims with 4.5 inch backspace. The tire shop said they had no issues with mounting and balancing.

I've only got a couple of hundred miles on them so far but have had no issues. They look great and are not overly loud on the road. They tear up the snow here in Minnesota and although it's still very early in the game, I'm so far very satisfied. The price was ridiculously low for a pretty well reviewed tire.

KumhoÂ*Road Venture AT KL78

·
Registered
356 Posts
I'll be running 17in wheels, that sounds like a good deal, I'll definitely check them out. I can't seem to find any time that isn't $230+ each and that's before mountain and balancing.
I paid 207 each for my Yokohama All terrains at Discount tire, they are great tires. I really want 35's and these things will not wear down enough to justify changing them. Have at least 30,000 miles on them and they look brand new.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I had the 285/75R16 General Grabber AT2 purchased from DTD as well. I don't think you can beat a "general purpose" daily driver tire at that price point. performed well in rain, snow etc - wore extremely well. 50k on them when I took them off last week and had plenty of tread to go too, just told myself other wise so I could get the 35's, and justify it. I switched to Duratrac's because I wanted a more aggressive tire. I would recommend the AT2's every time though for someone after a 33 at a nice price.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had the 285/75R16 General Grabber AT2 purchased from DTD as well. I don't think you can beat a "general purpose" daily driver tire at that price point. performed well in rain, snow etc - wore extremely well. 50k on them when I took them off last week and had plenty of tread to go too, just told myself other wise so I could get the 35's, and justify it. I switched to Duratrac's because I wanted a more aggressive tire. I would recommend the AT2's every time though for someone after a 33 at a nice price.
keep hearing great things about these tires!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Granted, I have 33x12.50x15s on mine, but the General Grabber AT2 has been great for me (95% on road). My MPG (old tires were 28" and I have a 3.8L) didn't suffer as bad as I expected and they are wearing evenly after somewhere around 25k miles. I wouldn't hesitate to run them again.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'm looking for a good 33" tire that won't drain my wallet but I don't want a bad tire either. Anyone know of any deals on tires right now? Thanks!
The Cooper Discoverer AT3 gets decent reviews around here and I've seen them for $155/ea. In a 33"

1 - 20 of 22 Posts