Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wheres the best place to get a beefy front bumpr. something that will retaing tow points and at the same time accomodate my new KC Daylighters? i thought about drilling out the holes in the stock bumper that are intended for the Jeep lights, but i really want to mount them more centrally, like this..

those are the stock jeep lights though. i don't ecessarily want that bumper though and am feeling out some opinions i suppose.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
There are a lot of aftermarket bumpers out there, and it is really hard to suggest one, as it is usually a personal thing. Best thing to do is go to a Jeep 4X4 on-line supplier, and see what you like. Warn makes a nice bumper, but expensive, and smittybuilt, and the list goes on. Some people even like to Fab their own.
www.quadratec.com is a site to let you see how many are out there.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
i like the warn rock crawler bumpers...strong and tough and i think it's worth the price and the lights mount on the outsides of the bumper...but couldn't you just drill holes if you wanna mount them more towards the center?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Where did you get that bumper? Looks real nice. Any links?

·
WF Graphics Bitch
544 Posts
I've always liked the Blue Torch bumper w/ radiator hoop 'kit' installed:

I've also seen one done where the hoop 'wraps around' the headlights just a tad, like on their fusion chassis, but in a bumper version. Looks sweet IMO.

Give them a call if you'd want the latter one as it's a custom piece - they're real good about making you one off pieces you see on their show vehicles.

http://www.bluetorchfab.com

·
Registered
77 Posts
Here is the Warn Bumper. I like it because it is tough..but not overwhelming

·
Registered
77 Posts
Got them a 4WD.com. I believe the rear was upper 2's and the front was lower 2's. It should be listed on there website. Good luck.!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
I posted this somewhere else on the forum, but there is an ARB for sale in Atlanta on craigslist. They are asking $400 for it.
I'd be happy to run and pick it up in the truck. Its only about 30 minutes from my office, but you'd have to arrange shipping on it. Those things are the definition of "beefy".

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
stainless said:
I posted this somewhere else on the forum, but there is an ARB for sale in Atlanta on craigslist. They are asking $400 for it.
I'd be happy to run and pick it up in the truck. Its only about 30 minutes from my office, but you'd have to arrange shipping on it. Those things are the definition of "beefy".

I can attest to the ARB. I T-Boned a Chevy truck with mine and it didn't leave a scratch on it. He, on the other hand, had to crawl out of his truck through the passenger door. (He was driving the wrong way on a one way street...I never saw him). :(

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
i'm interested in that ARB.....but not sure what it looks like, cna some1 find a pick of one adn send it to me, or post it up for me

·
Registered
237 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
stainless, i'm gonna think about that and i'll get back to ya and let you know. i know you it's in GA, but i think u said it was near ur work or somethin, so that would probably be easier

1 - 20 of 45 Posts