Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out the other night and came across a Jeep with a Nortwest Florida Jeepers sticker on it. I am trying to find out more about this club but cant find any contact information about them. I have lived in Navarre for 2 years and have owned my Jeep for a year now. I have been looking for a Jeep club that I will fit into. Can anyone help me with this?

·
Registered
467 Posts
i would look on facebook. most clubs have pages on there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried that. The only thing I could get up was a post that they posted on wrangler forum back in 2013 and Emerald Coast Jeep Club. I dont want the Emerald Coast Club since I am out of town a lot and they require you to attend meetings once a month.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I tried that. The only thing I could get up was a post that they posted on wrangler forum back in 2013 and Emerald Coast Jeep Club. I dont want the Emerald Coast Club since I am out of town a lot and they require you to attend meetings once a month.

They REQUIRE you to attend meets.... What is up with that?

There are vacations, out of town, don't feel well, and you live 40 miles away.....

Never heard of a club doing that to themselves.

Pity.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
They REQUIRE you to attend meets.... What is up with that?

There are vacations, out of town, don't feel well, and you live 40 miles away.....

Never heard of a club doing that to themselves.

Pity.
Googled and found their Instagram page and their Facebook one too. Unfortunately, there doesn’t look to be any recent posts.

I’ve seen several Clubs that had attendance requirements built into their new member process. In each case, the requirement to participate was for folks wanting to become a member and wasn’t very stringent. Typically, it was something akin to attend X number of meetings and participate in a non-meeting activity (e.g.: Trailride, camping trip, etc). These attendance/participation requirements were only for folks wanting to join and then went away once the person became a member.

I was a 10-year plus member of the Ocala Jeep Club – 1999-2009 and seem to vaguely recall something about participation requirements way back when… Then again, maybe I’m confusing the OJC with one of the other Clubs. Pam or Joe might better recall.

My 2¢: A well-functioning Club has a vested interest in vetting a prospective member just as much as the person does when deciding whether or not to join.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts