·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have this whole combo here.. love it.
QuadraTop® Bimini Top Plus, Clearview Windstopper & Tonno Cover Combo in Black Diamond for 07-16 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec

I also have this beneath the bikini top and typically only run this in the warm months.

Rugged Ridge 13579.05 - Rugged Ridge Full Eclipse Sun Shade for 07-16 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec

Also have the bestop trail cover for when it's parked at home.. has kept the heaviest of rains out every time.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have this whole combo here.. love it. QuadraTop® Bimini Top Plus, Clearview Windstopper & Tonno Cover Combo in Black Diamond for 07-16 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec I also have this beneath the bikini top and typically only run this in the warm months. Rugged Ridge 13579.05 - Rugged Ridge Full Eclipse Sun Shade for 07-16 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec Also have the bestop trail cover for when it's parked at home.. has kept the heaviest of rains out every time.
Vizzle, does the Quadratop combo do a reasonable job keeping water out if you get caught in a light rain shower (assuming you have the doors on)?

·
Registered
194 Posts
None of them are water tight. Both the quadratec and the Bestop are pretty much the same. I don't ever leave my jeep uncovered once I've parked it for the night, always use the trail cover.

Have been caught out in the rain with my set up and we stayed dry for the most part.

·
Registered
76 Posts
None of them are water tight. Both the quadratec and the Bestop are pretty much the same. I don't ever leave my jeep uncovered once I've parked it for the night, always use the trail cover. Have been caught out in the rain with my set up and we stayed dry for the most part.
Thanks for the feedback. I've been looking at that set, and I think that will need to be my setup come spring. I assume that, given the weather forecast, you can use any combination of the Bimini top, wind stopper and cargo cover.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
None of them are water tight. Both the quadratec and the Bestop are pretty much the same. I don't ever leave my jeep uncovered once I've parked it for the night, always use the trail cover.

Have been caught out in the rain with my set up and we stayed dry for the most part.
Thanks Vizzle...

Just to clarify, you have an extra cover you throw on top of the quadratec when you park it in the rain?

Can you post some pics if you don't mind?

Again, thanks for your help!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks Vizzle...

Just to clarify, you have an extra cover you throw on top of the quadratec when you park it in the rain?

Again, thanks for your help!
Yes, it's a separate cover. Besttop trail cover.

If you want to PM me, i'll email you some pics.. I hate having to put pictures on photobucket or wherever to get them to appear on a forum. Unless im missing something.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I've been looking at that set, and I think that will need to be my setup come spring. I assume that, given the weather forecast, you can use any combination of the Bimini top, wind stopper and cargo cover.
I leave the windstopper and tonneau cover on all the time during summer months when the hard top is off. I usually don't run the bimini top honestly, just the mesh rugged ridge top. If i'm hitting the highway for a trip longer than 45 min or so and i have my daughter with me.. i'll install the bimini top quick to keep the turbulence down in the cab. I keep the bimini top and the trail cover in the back if needed. The rugged ridge mesh top stays on the jeep year round, it does not interfere with the hard top. The bimini top has a windshield header that has to be removed in order to install the hard top.

·
Registered
645 Posts

Here's my besttop trail cover. The door flaps are not attached at the bottom. That's why it doesn't look tight. It also works with the doors on and the freedom panels installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have a Besttop Trektop NX and a Besttop Duster. Day to day, I run the Trektop with no rear window and no rear side windows, and with the Duster covering the bed. In this configuration, the Trektop is essentially equivalent to the bimini that Vizzle runs. A heavy rain would fill the back seats and bed with water, but it keeps things dry'ish in a sprinkle or a light passing shower. If I'm moving, the rear passengers stay dry'ish even in a constant rain.

However, the advantage of the Trektop over the bimini is that, in about 5 minutes and certainly less than 10 minutes, I can pull the Duster and add the windows and make the whole thing rain proof.

·
Registered
210 Posts
The Qtec set looks brilliant! I scored a lightly used Bestop Trail cover for $50. Now, to save some dough for the Qtec set for Spring!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have this whole combo here.. love it.
QuadraTop® Bimini Top Plus, Clearview Windstopper & Tonno Cover Combo in Black Diamond for 07-16 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec

I also have this beneath the bikini top and typically only run this in the warm months.

Rugged Ridge 13579.05 - Rugged Ridge Full Eclipse Sun Shade for 07-16 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec

Also have the bestop trail cover for when it's parked at home.. has kept the heaviest of rains out every time.
How hard was it to install? Can a noob like me do it or should I take it to a shop to get the stock top uninstalled and this installed?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.