Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im totally ignorant when it comes to CB radios. I dont know what all the frequencys or channels or any of that jargon means. If someone can direct me to a good cb radio or explain the scematics of these devil boxes.I would like to purchase one soon but i need to know how they work so i can buy a good one the first time.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
You can get the 75 WX ST for 99.00 in a lot of places. Even Radio Crack marks them down now and then. I use FireStik antennas, good stuff.
CB antenna

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I highly recommend the Uniden 520. I have had a couple of them over the past 10 to 12 years. I don't think you could do much better than that and the size is ideal.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Add another vote for the Unidens, I use one in my big truck and it gets beat up, covered in dust, tossed from rig to rig and has lasted longer than any other radio.
I used to use Cobra's but the performance wasn't enough better to make up for price.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Uniden or Cobra are the only ones I'd consider.

I went with a 75WXST simply because the mounting options are more flexible. The only thing to find a place for is a small box that is currently under my Tuffy, but moving to behind the dash soon. With an external speaker, it works perfectly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts