Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a good shop near Baltimore to have my TJ re-geared.

I'm running 33s and did my first lengthy interstate ride yesterday. It could use a little more power in the top gears and I think going to 4:56 (from 4.11) might be just what I need.

There are not many 4x4 shops around here and I have no experience with any of them. It doesn't need to be a 4x4 shop just a good differential shop with a good gear tech.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Have you tried asking in the local forums ?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
4.11 to 4.56 isn't worth the money.
What engine, what year is your Tj, & what type of transmission do you have ?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess "worth" is all in the budget and priorities of the customer. No?

I would like to talk to a shop about the cost before deciding if it's worth it to me - or not. I don't expect it to be cheap though.

05 LJ 4.0 6spd.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I guess "worth" is all in the budget and priorities of the customer. No?

I would like to talk to a shop about the cost before deciding if it's worth it to me - or not. I don't expect it to be cheap though.

05 LJ 4.0 6spd.
They are basically the same price, regardless of what ratio you decide. The install labor charge is no different.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
What are these "local forums" you speak of? Is the one for this area?
Home page of wranglerforum. Scroll down towards the bottom. They have local chapters.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Not sure how "near" Baltimore you want, but World Tour Off Road in Annapolis is well regarded for Jeep work. If you're on Facebook, the Chesapeake Jeep Club or Wicked Baltimore groups have other recommendations, depending on which side of the city is convenient for you.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sure how "near" Baltimore you want, but World Tour Off Road in Annapolis is well regarded for Jeep work. If you're on Facebook, the Chesapeake Jeep Club or Wicked Baltimore groups have other recommendations, depending on which side of the city is convenient for you.
Thanks for the tips. That is useful info :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts