Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of installing an ARB Twin Compressor in my 2015 JKU and am gathering accessories that might be needed. I’m looking for a good Inflator w a gauge. I have seen a few using the Power Tank units but am not sure what’s worth the money spent. I am looking for a digital gauge and a clip on chuck.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,182 Posts
I have the same ARB but in analog.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read some reviews of the ARB that was linked. They said accuracy below 25 psi was poor and the chuck leaked and had poor locking mechanism. Any thoughts on those comments?

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
They say the accuracy is +/- 1psi from 25 to 75 psi...I’ve only used it in that range and it’s been accurate so far...I’ll be airing down the next couple weekends so I’ll report back on accuracy below those levels.

For reference, I’ve only had my compressor installed for a few weeks but I’ve used it and verified air readings on several vehicles using various means.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I have the ARB linked above. Works great for me. I haven’t had any concerns with the accuracy. The inlet fitting sometimes leaks a little when connected to the orange ARB hose—I’ve been meaning to swap it out for a Milton coupler. I use Milton couplers on all my air tools. I’ve never heard any leaking from the hose when it’s connected to the ARB coupler on my bumper, so I assume it’s the inflator coupler and not the couplers on the hose. All that said, the small leaking has never really been an issue and I wouldn’t not recommend it because of that.

AEV has one too that looks to be a rebranded ARB inflator.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a jaco proflow gauge with quick chuck to use with my powertank. . They have regular digital version but I’m not sure theyre quick connect chuck.

Eugene

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks to ET_WRjk and The Rusty Jeep for their recommendations on the Jaco products. I've been looking for a good quality tire pressure gauge and inflator and my bank account is now $150 lighter!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks to ET_WRjk and The Rusty Jeep for their recommendations on the Jaco products. I've been looking for a good quality tire pressure gauge and inflator and my bank account is now $150 lighter!
What did you buy for $150?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
To piggyback off of this........ I am on my second deflator and they have both been junk...... can someone recommend a good one? I recall a video/series I saw and there is a “set it and forget it” one? Anyone know about those ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought the ElitePro digital pressure gauge, the FlowPro 2.0 digital tire inflator w/pressure gauge, and their Lightning Tire Air Chuck Starter Kit. I have the Jeep, a couple of motorcycles, a dually, various trailers including a toy hauler that take 100psi +, and bicycles with Presta valves. Something always needs air.

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
I bought the PowerTank digital inflator for about $110. It works well but the gauge only works in 1/2lb increments. I wouldn’t have bought it had I known that. But, I can’t complain otherwise and I like that it has a small pressure release button in case I overshoot a bit.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
250 Posts
Most bad reviews on Amazon are usually folks who either A) bought the wrong item and it's their fault or B) are a complete idiot and don't know how to use the item.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I read some reviews of the ARB that was linked. They said accuracy below 25 psi was poor and the chuck leaked and had poor locking mechanism. Any thoughts on those comments?
The ARB is nice but it does seem like it leaks out of the sides. I have too much conflict yet help with ARB too bother with it.

If I had the money to throw away, I would buy the PowerTank. I am not in love w/PowerTank marketing, principles etc...but they make excellent products.

If you want a product that works but is a bit on the cheap side go with ARB.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered from the Jaco website using the link in ET_WRjk's email above, Superior Automotive & Powersports Products. Free shipping in the US. The Jaco website offered a 10% discount (Disc Code SUMMER10) making the price a little better.

Using the Jaco website I did forego the Amazon Prime shipping, but I didn't see their Amazon store until later anyway.

Their warranty shows to be lifetime but I hope it won't be needed.

·
Registered
144 Posts
To piggyback off of this........ I am on my second deflator and they have both been junk...... can someone recommend a good one? I recall a video/series I saw and there is a “set it and forget it” one? Anyone know about those ?
Here you go.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts