Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new to the site and want to get my first Jeep. As most of you out there I want a project but do t know where to find what I'm looking for. I am trying to find a JK wrangler four door. Preferably with a hard top. I am hoping to find one with a blown up engine and or trans. The reason for this and I know it sounds sac religious but I hate the 6cyl jeep engine. As I'm looking for a project I would like to put a v8 in it and haven't decided on a trans. I don't have a clue where I might be able to find something like this at a reasonable price, it could even be a flood vehicle. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Many jeepers would be looking for the same kind of thing, so I don't know if you will find one. That kind of thing is in "high demand." Also have you thought about how you are going to hook up the V8 to the transmission? To the computer? to the fuel injection? You really are in for a lot if you don't think this through and get the correct answers. I know this from experience. I put a Chevy V6 in my 1992 YJ. I went "frame up" and I have over thirty years working on vehicles under my belt. It can be very straight forward and at times, it can be just a PITA... usually its it the small things that get you.

Give it some more thought and get accurate answers. You may just want to go with another type of four wheel vehicle for your needs that already has a V8 in it and four doors. I am sure you can "build" that cheaper.

Take care,

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hey, if you are going to put a V8 on a JK, it will be better if you find a 70-72 V8 totally rusted CJ5, and find a JK 2dr with a blown motor/trany or flooded, and throw the JK body on top of the Awesome older CJ5 chassis and tough suspension !!!!!!! It will be easier, cheaper, and in the long run, you will end up with an AWESOME JK !!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts