Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon,
I am trying to find the part number for the wire harness that connects both fog lights, the front left and right abs and traction control for a 2012 Rubicon.

The part number the dealer gave me was 68091176AE which is not correct. Upon ordering and receiving it, the harness appears to be for the headlamps as none of the connectors match the fog lights.

Alternatively, if there is another way...I replaced my bumper with a stubby thus eliminating the fog lights. So, without checking first :facepalm:, I simply clipped the two pig tails from the harness for the fog lights. Long story short, it seems that somehow the pig tails carried the ABS/TC as well since neither work and the lights are solid...and of course I didn't find that out until after I had pitched the pig tails. :censored:

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I would just open up the looms where you snipped the pigtails and reconnect all the wires with some waterproof butt connectors. It doesn't make sense that the ABS/TC goes through the fog light pigtail as they wouldn't work when the light was burnt out. You must have cut more than just the light pigtails.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is the part that has me confused.

I cut them just behind the connectors for the fog lights so there is still a good part of the pigtail left. When I looked in the plastic sleeve there were some 5 or 6 wires in there on either side. So my guess was that it was doing some kind of loop through there somewhere for the TC/ABS.

I will pull the wires all the way out of what's left and see if any of them match.

Edit: Make that 12 *sigh*
Can't post a picture for some reason... link

·
Registered
647 Posts
How far back did u cut? I cut mine ab 3" behind the fog light connectors and it was only 2 wires in loom for each light. There was quite a bit of wire going to the fog lights, coming off the thicker harness it split from. I'm not really sure why u would've cut that many wires?
I tried wiring a light bar with the factory light wires but it flickered so I reconnected the fog light plugs and just zip tied them out of the way.

If u have the wires u cut off then reconnecting them with barrel connectors or solder/heat shrink will be easier than completely replacing that harness.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought I remembered it being back from the connector just a little bit as well, but I must be remembering incorrectly...it was a couple months ago at this point.

In any case, I am still looking for the correct part number if any one knows it. I ordered and received the one I listed in the first post (68091176AE) and it is not the right one. As for splicing, I don't know that I have enough confidence to not cross a wire somewhere and go up in a poof of smoke.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I thought I remembered it being back from the connector just a little bit as well, but I must be remembering incorrectly...it was a couple months ago at this point.

In any case, I am still looking for the correct part number if any one knows it. I ordered and received the one I listed in the first post (68091176AE) and it is not the right one. As for splicing, I don't know that I have enough confidence to not cross a wire somewhere and go up in a poof of smoke.
Well, they're all different colors and/or have different color stripes. You can't really mess it up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts