Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a reputable shop in Atlanta to help diagnose my recent "Death Wobble" iss

My last rig never experienced this issue and i've owned that bigger JK for over a year now...

This rig is my daily driver and nearly had to change my pants after hitting some railroad tracks around 45-50 mph and it went into death wobble mode 2 times afterwards...

Went got all 4 tires balanced... Front end alignment... Local Shop checked for any loose play or worn out front end components... Everything checked out fine and only suggested i replace the steering stabilizer...

Hit a pothole on the way home and went back into death wobble mode again... I am puzzled?

Any advice?? Would like a second opinion... Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Steering stabilizers really only mask other death wobble issues (they won't fix or cause it). Usually the cause is a loose bushing, improper caster, or trac bar issue. Get someone to sit in the Jeep and turn the wheel back and forth as you lay under it and inspect the trac bar mounts, drag links, steering components etc…vigorous turning of the wheel may be required.
If you don't see anything try SBC Offroad in Gainesville, GA.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Look at the track bolt......to my understanding the bolt diameter is smaller than the hole....you'll need to upgrade the bolt and ensure it is torqued properly.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts