Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
That's probably a very good choice, although upgrading the shocks would probably be a good idea. Zone is made by Teraflex? I think, and they make a good product..

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive just never heard good stuff about rough country. I've always heard they live up to the "rough" in the name

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have the Zone 2" BB lift with the Nitro gas shocks, steering stabilizer, cam alignment kit, shock boots, and also added the JKS quick disconnects. My Jeep handles much better than stock and the JKS gave me the extra articulation to have fun on some good trails. The customer service at Zone is also excellent. I highly recommend their company. Hope this helps

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks tacklebarry just what I was looking to hear!! This would be my first ever lifted vehicle so I'd like to do it right.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
how much are you willing to spend on the lift? theres a bunch of great lift kits out there..

distorted is running a very nice lift kit =p but it will cost more then the zone kit your looking at..

imo.. the money spent on a better kit will be worth it in the long run.. especially on a DD

·
Registered
208 Posts
I heard the same thing regarding the 2.2 series shocks on the Rough Country Lift. Seems that was quit some time ago and they have since designed a better shock. I'm going to give it a try because I have heard good things recently.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm hoping to not break 1k but if it's worth the money I will. I'm just looking for a decent lift that will allow 33's and room for moderate flex. Nothing hardcore rock crawling.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
BDS suspensions is the Top owner of the company. ;)
Thank you Tim, I knew Teraflex seemed wrong, but couldn't recall who it was... :) Blond moment and all....... :rofl:

·
Registered
59 Posts
My local shop(Jims Off-Road) use to push BDS,but recently went to the Rough-Country ....cant remember the exact name...its got the flex-joints. I know they build some amazing rigs.Jeeps is all they work on! I have a Superlift and am happy with it.:wavey:

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
My local shop(Jims Off-Road) use to push BDS,but recently went to the Rough-Country ....cant remember the exact name...its got the flex-joints. I know they build some amazing rigs.Jeeps is all they work on! I have a Superlift and am happy with it.:wavey:
i hear/see nothing but nightmares from rough-country

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I chose to go with OME lift. I did not want to spend a fortune on drive shaft mods, etc. either. I decided to go the small suspension lift and add the small body lift and run 33's nicely. Everything lines up and works like it should if you do it right. There are a lot of members on here running similar lifts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts