Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help locating a new fuel filler and vent hose for my 89YJ 15 gallon tank. Old hoses are rotten on ends and fuel leaks when filling up and until it gets to 3/4 tank.

I ordered a set off of ebay that said it would fit all YJ's from 87-91, but they are too short.

My filler hose is about 13 inches to the bend, then another 3 inches after the bend with 1" ID

Vent hose is a tad longer, tough to measure with all of the bends, but it has about a 3/4 ID.

Any ideas?

They have numbers on them, but internet search found no results.

Numbers are as follows:

filler hose - AM3040 PRC C
Vent hose - AM3040 PRC B

Thanks in advance for any help. Just trying to get this old YJ back in shape.:confused:

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
have you tried a dealer?

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
try part nos:
5204 0079..................filler hose
5204 0081..................vent hose
these are for 91-93. may be the same

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
it's me again. i just googled it. same part numbers 1987-1995

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Already tried the dealer and every auto parts store around. Dealer said it is no longer a part that is produced.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just checked the hoses that I received off of Ebay, the exact same numbers that you posted Chief. I am starting to think that the 89 was an odd year for jeep. My YJ still has the "kid crusher" roll bar too. Thanks for the help.

I miss my simple old CJ5.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
not to worry, we'll find them.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
jc whitney the filler. p/n zx509255pf.............$18.99

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chief,
just ordered the hose from JC Whitney. Now to wait and see if it is the correct one.

BTW, former Jarhead here...you Navy guys always kept us fed gave us rides when needed.

Take care.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Semper Fi !!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Chief,
just ordered the hose from JC Whitney. Now to wait and see if it is the correct one.

BTW, former Jarhead here...you Navy guys always kept us fed gave us rides when needed.

Take care.
were the JC ones right? im trying to find OEM for my 81 waggy. found on ebay but not willing to spend TOO much for them.

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
My fuel filler hose was too short after doing a body lift. I bought a short piece of pipe and two hose clamps to "lengthen" it

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a guy look for some here in Canada. Says he can only get OEM fuel filler hose. Quoted 300 bucks. That just doesn't sound right to me.

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
Try these guys, MTS, they make replacement tanks, also have a hose page. Call them, cust service picks right up during business hours.

MTS COMPANY, L.C. - Hoses

·
Super Moderator
10,960 Posts
My fuel filler hose was too short after doing a body lift. I bought a short piece of pipe and two hose clamps to "lengthen" it
I had to do the same thing.

I had hoped to simply find a universal hose with one end large enough to go over the filler end and the rest of the hose just large enough to fit over the neck on the tank.
I wasted an hours time with a real patient clerk at NAPA, but found nothing that would work.

I haven't had any problems, but it seems to be a bit of a cobble to do something like that.

Good Luck, L.M.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts