Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m cleaning up a new to me 2.5L valve cover for my ‘91 YJ. The cover was from what seems to be a pretty abused motor as it had a nice layer of cooked on stinky old oil that must have built up for a while. Anyhoo, I have cleaned it up pretty good, but in doing so had to tale off the small chimney inside the cover that vent to the PVC and egr(?). There are two chimneys and one has a baffle that screws in between the chimney and the cover. Does anyone know if there are gaskets for these and what they may be called? They are roughly triangular in shape. Maybe I can just use permatex? I’m also trying to locate the rubber gasket and plastic insert for the PCV valve as I had to cut the old brittle out. Is there are parts site for these more unusual little parts? Thanks, I’m sending from my phone so I can’t post a pic seemingly

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
There is no replacement you can cut your own or use RTV. I use RTV because it's easier.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, guess I'll cut my own as I have some leftover gasket material. Any leads on the rubber grommet and fitting at the valve cover for the pcv (I think it's the pvc lead?)

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
dorman sells the grommet and elbows i dont know the part numbers for them

Reactions: Sonny S

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
On the valve cover grommets, Measure your pcv valves, there's 1/2in and 3/4in available as Agalloch said, at your local auto parts or Amazon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts