Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the Red Rock grille inserts and they kept popping out. Does anyone have a recommendation for some good looking inexpensive inserts?

Scott

·
Registered
3,573 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just installed the Red Rock inserts this week - they didn't seem too secure so I ran a bead of silicone sealer behind them so they would "stick" better. Seems to work so far...

·
Registered
‘17 JKU Big Bear
496 Posts
I have one from JMW 4x4. Solid steel. Looks & works great! Also offered with a hole for a hood lock.

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
I purchased the Red Rock grille inserts and they kept popping out. Does anyone have a recommendation for some good looking inexpensive inserts?

Scott
I installed a Metalcrafters grill insert on ours the day after we bought it. Now, 7 years later, it still looks new. However, "inexpensive" is not one of its features but in this case you get what you pay for. I found mine on Craigslist for a bit less than the cost of a new one. The owner had purchased it and decided to sell his Jeep before he installed it.

Here's a pic of it from earlier this year with over 65,000 miles and 6 years in use.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Scott
I bought the same Red Rock inserts as you 3 months ago. Installed them myself! Then I showed my husband. He then showed me that I had maybe 2 of the 7 actually clipped in. 🙃 Since his "help"with the install I had not had a problem as I'd heard others say. Then we were hit with our first big snow and ice of the season and out popped one. Afraid it'll snap from the cold of I tried to put it back so I'll bring it inside first. Hope it doesn't keep happening because we have more winter than warmer months. 😝

1 - 10 of 10 Posts