Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
22,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, yes I have a concealed carry licence. My job prohibits me from bringing a firearm onto the property, and it wouldnt be out of the question to have my jeep searched upon entry, especially since a guy just got fired for it last week. If it was searched, the search would likely be limited to fairly obvious locations like console, glove box, under seats etc. I used to just lock it up in the console, and figure a search unlikely, but now I'm not sure thats safe. I stopped carrying to work altogether since he got fired, but last night on the way home from work a road rage incident where a drunk idiot cut me off on the freeway, then brake checked me almost causing a pile up, then followed me to my exit and threatened me while parked next to me, has got me wanting to carry and take the chance of losing my job rather than my life. By the way, the thing that stopped him was my bluff response that if he came at me i would put a bullet in his head. After that he drove off.

So I said all that to ask, has anybody come up with a good place, or method, to effectively hide a small handgun in a JK? 2013 Sport 2 door.

·
Registered
22,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way, the hiding place does not have to be accessible from the driver seat. I would remove it from that location once off property.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Consider getting a good can of mace, much safer and you will likely not do time if you ever decide to use it.

·
Registered
22,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will this work in a 2 door?
JK Locking Cubby Cover for Jeep Wrangler, JK
Will they check the rear cubby?

I don't know....tough to comment about carrying onto work property when you know it isn't allowed.
I know what you mean, and I probably will just leave it home rather than risk it. But yeah, anything with an obvious lock wouldnt work as they could make me open it.

I might try to fab something in the space thats under the floor back by the jack. Just enough room there for a j frame i think.

·
Registered
22,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Consider getting a good can of mace, much safer and you will likely not do time if you ever decide to use it.
Mace is also prohibited. For now I rely on my Benchmade pocket folder. That they allow since its a 3" blade. Go figure.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I recently swapped out my cabin air filter their seems to be some space behind the glove compartment that if you stuck a holster back there I doubt any one would check, unless your boss follows this thread ;)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Get a hood lock or locking hood latches and find a spot in the engine compartment?

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Thats a tough one, I cant think of anyplace good on a JK. Im not allowed to have one at work eather(I drive 500 miles to get there so you can bet your butt I bring one with me) so I wrap mine in a towel and drop the spare tire on the trail blazer that I drive a few inches, put the gun in it and raise it back up. We do get searched a few times a year but as long as the drug dogs dont hit on your ride then they only do a quick toss of the vehicle.

Only option that I can really think of is under the fender on top of the plastic skirt somewhere.

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
So I said all that to ask, has anybody come up with a good place, or method, to effectively hide a small handgun in a JK? 2013 Sport 2 door.
Sounds like anything would be risky - I think I'd just pack bear spray in your situation.

The 'trunk' is pretty discrete and locked if the tailgate is closed. That's where I carry a survival rifle. But, if you get searched and the person is thorough, your job is toast!

Yeah, I'd just look into good bear spray - I carry Counter Assault Bear Pepper Spray - 8.1 oz. can, in the Jeep at all times.

Mace is also prohibited. For now I rely on my Benchmade pocket folder. That they allow since its a 3" blade. Go figure.
Bummer - sounds like your being denied you right to self defense by a PC employer. Maybe time to look for greener pastures?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Swap the stereo with a single DIN unit then make a cubby in the space where the old head unit used to go?

You could also remove a speaker from the sound bar and put it there...

Or of you don't have a factory sub, get the enclosure where the factory sub would go and stick it in there.

·
Registered
22,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I recently swapped out my cabin air filter their seems to be some space behind the glove compartment that if you stuck a holster back there I doubt any one would check, unless your boss follows this thread ;)
Get a hood lock or locking hood latches and find a spot in the engine compartment?
Both good ideas. A guy here just suggested a false bottom in the deep part of the center console.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I know you said you have a 2 door, so I'm not sure if it will work. But I've got Metalcloak's rear seat center support plate installed on my JKU and you could hide all kinds of things between it and the foam for the seat (especially if you cut the foam out a little for the object being hidden). You just wouldn't want to sit on the seat if something was squeezed between the foam and plate. My S&W J frame fits easily, so does a full frame 1911 for that matter. But maybe your rear seat is different and the plate wouldn't attach.

JK Wrangler 4-Door Seat Support

·
Registered
22,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks all for the replies! Giving me some good ideas!

The really ironic part is Im armed security so I gun up as soon as I get here.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I am not sure where you are located; just went through this in Houston Texas. Law here says that although I cannot carry into work (my company prohibits it) I CAN carry in the parking lot ... meaning I can leave my gun secured in my car. If my employer wants to prohibit even the parking lot, they must posts signs with very specific language. I guess not the same where you are?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm in a similar situation where we are not allowed to have any type of firearm. I carry mine everyday. I can always find another job if I have to because I will be alive. As for your situation, you're going to have to be very smart where you hide it. Since there has been an issue with someone else getting fired, that is going to be on the radar until this settles back down and it's forgotten about. Perhaps some sort of small travel box with a hidden bottom..place a tiny travel kit of tampons or other feminine products in it as a disguise or to throw off the person searching. Good luck

·
Registered
22,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know you said you have a 2 door, so I'm not sure if it will work. But I've got Metalcloak's rear seat center support plate installed on my JKU and you could hide all kinds of things between it and the foam for the seat (especially if you cut the foam out a little for the object being hidden). You just wouldn't want to sit on the seat if something was squeezed between the foam and plate. My S&W J frame fits easily, so does a full frame 1911 for that matter. But maybe your rear seat is different and the plate wouldn't attach.

JK Wrangler 4-Door Seat Support
Sounds like a great solution except the first mod I did was pull out the back seat lol

1 - 20 of 255 Posts