Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been researching lifts lately and I've narrowed things down to a 2.5" suspension lift. Now I just need to figure out which vendor to go with. That's where I need you guys :)

Overall I've been leaning towards Teraflex, but for no good reason other than seeing the name around a lot. So here's the order of my picking:

1. Teraflex
https://teraflex.com/shop_items/528ffa7fead962f416e72d48

2. Superlift Suspension (b/c of price)
Superlift Suspension 2.5" Lift Kit with Superide Shocks for 07-15 Jeep® Wrangler JK 2 Door - Quadratec

3. Quadratec Maximum Duty
Quadratec Exclusive 16400.0043 - Quadratec Maximum Duty 2.5? Coil Spring Suspension Lift Kit with Shocks for 07-15 Jeep® Wrangler JK 2 Door - Quadratec

And then pretty much anything else on the 2.5" lift results:
Search Results - Quadratec

---

What would be the best pick out of these options? I will be throwing on some 315-70R17 Duratracks.

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
Jason at KrawlOffRoad is who I got my best deal from. I haggled for a couple days between two web vendors via email. When they got so close that there was $5 difference in their prices I figured it was about rock bottom.

·
Super Moderator
22,035 Posts
I would scratch the superlift off the list. What is your primary use of the vehicle going to be? Hard core off road? mostly DD? light off road? Read Pressurized build thread or Kjeepers build threads they give you a good idea of what to look for.

I have found it really ends up being expensive trying to save money on lifts and tires.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would scratch the superlift off the list. What is your primary use of the vehicle going to be? Hard core off road? mostly DD? light off road? Read Pressurized build thread or Kjeepers build threads they give you a good idea of what to look for.

I have found it really ends up being expensive trying to save money on lifts and tires.
I live up in New England and my Jeep is my primary vehicle. More of a weekend warrior on trails that have little rock challeneges. So nothing crazy. I just want a nice lift to support some new 35's and for it to provide a good highway ride at the same time.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Out of those three I would choose the TF, but them I'm biased. ;)

To be honest I've not heard much about SuperLift for Jeeps or the new Quadratec lifts so I don't have an opinion on them. TF has been in the market for a long time, focuses exclusively on Jeeps, has great customer service and a great product (I'm very happy with mine).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
Terrific thread, thank you! I'm trying to understand why it's better to only go with the Teraflex 2.5" coil lift without shocks? What's the benefit of going with Rancho shocks over the Teraflex lift kit that includes shocks?
I personally did not like the TeraFlex shocks. I added the Ranchos because of the popularity.
There's a lot of people on this forum running TeraFlex 2.5 with rancho 9000 shocks. The 5000x shocks are new. I run them and they are a great shock for the $$

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I personally did not like the TeraFlex shocks. I added the Ranchos because of the popularity.
There's a lot of people on this forum running TeraFlex 2.5 with rancho 9000 shocks. The 5000x shocks are new. I run them and they are a great shock for the $$
Very good to know.

So right now I'm looking at the following options:

2.5" Coil springs, disconnects, and TB bracket
https://teraflex.com/shop_items/528ffa7fead962f416e72d76

And

2x Rear RS9000XL https://www.quadratec.com/products/16019_1141_14.htm
2x Front Rancho RS999329 - Rancho RS9000XL Series Front Shock Absorber for 07-15 Jeep® Wrangler JK & Wrangler Unlimited JK with 4" Lift - Quadratec
(i'll try to find them on the Rachero site for the rebate)

---

Is that all that will be needed? I'm assuming since those are for a 4" lift, there's absolutely no need for shock extenders. You mention these fit great on a 2.5" lift, so this sounds like an ideal shopping list, yea?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the link, i'll give that one a go!

So I'm looking at using the following options:

Front Track Bar
No

Quick Disconnects
Yes, but do you know if this is for 4 of them? Also the TF package includes 2 sway bar connects, will these match the size of the TF included ones?

Wheel Spacers
I'm going to be running 35" duratracs (315-70R17), not sure if I'll need these, but people in http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/spacers-required-for-315-70r17-1313481.html seem to suggest that I should get them

Castor Correction
Correction Brackets -- I assume this is the rear track bar bracket that comes with the TF bundle?

Year

Shocks
Rancho 9000XLs, although it seems like in your thread people advocate for the 5000s, so I need to look into that as well -- I see your build has them. Do you prefer those and would recommend those over the 9000XLs? Again, i'll have 35" duratracs and won't be hitting rock cralwers. Mainly moderate trails.

I feel pretty comfortable with that build, but want to verify a few of those questions

·
Super Moderator
14,554 Posts
Thanks for the link, i'll give that one a go!

So I'm looking at using the following options:

Front Track Bar
No

Quick Disconnects
Yes, but do you know if this is for 4 of them? Also the TF package includes 2 sway bar connects, will these match the size of the TF included ones? It will be for 2 and you put them on the front if you don't have a Rubicon. The TF kit supplies a new set of rears. For a Rubicon, you just move the stock rears to the front.

Wheel Spacers
I'm going to be running 35" duratracs (315-70R17), not sure if I'll need these, but people in http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/spacers-required-for-315-70r17-1313481.html seem to suggest that I should get them. You absolutely will need wheel spacers to run 315's on the factory wheels. I recommend the RedRock4x4 from Extreme Terrain for a quality and value option.

2 Sets - RedRock 4x4 1.5 in. Wrangler Wheel Spacers - 5x5 Bolt Pattern J100749 (07-15 Wrangler JK) - Free Shipping

Castor Correction
Correction Brackets -- I assume this is the rear track bar bracket that comes with the TF bundle? Caster correction is in the front. As we lift our Jeeps, the caster declines which creates a less than desirable handling trait. Every Jeep is a little different, but at 2.5" lift, I recommend you be prepared to add correction or do it right away. The "kit" linked above includes the option of control arm drop brackets or front lower control arms. I went with the arms, for just a few extra $$ but it's up to you.

Year

Shocks
Rancho 9000XLs, although it seems like in your thread people advocate for the 5000s, so I need to look into that as well -- I see your build has them. Do you prefer those and would recommend those over the 9000XLs? Again, i'll have 35" duratracs and won't be hitting rock cralwers. Mainly moderate trails. The 9000's are very popular, and the adjustability makes them desirable. The 5000X's are a new shock that is quite good at it's price point and much better than other "economy" shocks.

I feel pretty comfortable with that build, but want to verify a few of those questions
Notes above.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Caster correction is in the front. As we lift our Jeeps, the caster declines which creates a less than desirable handling trait. Every Jeep is a little different, but at 2.5" lift, I recommend you be prepared to add correction or do it right away. The "kit" linked above includes the option of control arm drop brackets or front lower control arms. I went with the arms, for just a few extra $$ but it's up to you.
I think I'll add this to another round of building, it sounds like I can do without this, however it may affect how my Jeep climbs over obstacles due to a smaller wheel base. But when it comes to drivability, it shouldn't harm my drive on the roads it sounds like.

The 9000's are very popular, and the adjustability makes them desirable. The 5000X's are a new shock that is quite good at it's price point and much better than other "economy" shocks.
I see that there are two options for these -- 4" and 2". Will the 2" satisfy a 2.5" lift? And, if these are not adjustable, I assume the 4" would not work with this buld?

Well well ... Thanks P

You will need exhaust spacers as well if you off road disconnected.
I would call jason or Jeramy at Krawl. Get a quote with forum pricing on everything including the wheel spacers.

Good luck
Will do. I plan on disconnecting with the new build, so I'll add this to my list. Great feedback.

·
Super Moderator
14,554 Posts
I think I'll add this to another round of building, it sounds like I can do without this, however it may affect how my Jeep climbs over obstacles due to a smaller wheel base. But when it comes to drivability, it shouldn't harm my drive on the roads it sounds like.

Caster correction actually has the biggest impact on your road driving. The brackets do sacrifice a small amount of ground clearance, but it isn't enough to worry about. If the quality of street drive is important, keep the brackets in mind. You can check your caster with an angle finder app and if you are close enough, you definitely can go without.

I see that there are two options for these -- 4" and 2". Will the 2" satisfy a 2.5" lift? And, if these are not adjustable, I assume the 4" would not work with this buld?

As above, ignore the 4" claim on the websites, the Rancho 29's and 30's are the correct shocks for a 2.5 lift.

Will do. I plan on disconnecting with the new build, so I'll add this to my list. Great feedback.
More notes above. :drinks:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys, terrific intel. this is incredibly helpful

·
Registered
216 Posts
Jason at KrawlOffRoad is who I got my best deal from. I haggled for a couple days between two web vendors via email. When they got so close that there was $5 difference in their prices I figured it was about rock bottom.
I bought my teraflex through Jason too. Awesome company great people. Give them a call. KRAWLOFF ROAD

1 - 20 of 25 Posts