Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently running 35x12.5r15 MTR/k's and I'm looking for something a little more street friendly that can do well on the rocks. This isn't my DD but I'm looking for better drive-ability on the streets to the trails and for occasionally driving it into work. Debating between some of the new MT/AT hybrids or going full blown AT but concerned about performance on the rocks. Which would perform better in the AZ rocks? I do 0% mud

Based on some recommendations and my current research I'm considering

BFG KM3s - Read these chunk easily, not sure if their sidewalls are any better than KM2 and how road handling will be
Cooper STT Pro MT - These seem to be popular, hybrid MT/AT
Cooper ST Maxx - Also a popular choice but they are an AT tread
Milestar Patagonia MT - Really leaning towards these from the initial feedback but since they are so new I'm not sure how they will fair out in the long term

·
Super Moderator
15,148 Posts
Currently running 35x12.5r15 MTR/k's and I'm looking for something a little more street friendly that can do well on the rocks. This isn't my DD but I'm looking for better drive-ability on the streets to the trails and for occasionally driving it into work. Debating between some of the new MT/AT hybrids or going full blown AT but concerned about performance on the rocks. Which would perform better in the AZ rocks? I do 0% mud

Based on some recommendations and my current research I'm considering

BFG KM3s - Read these chunk easily, not sure if their sidewalls are any better than KM2 and how road handling will be
Cooper STT Pro MT - These seem to be popular, hybrid MT/AT
Cooper ST Maxx - Also a popular choice but they are an AT tread
Milestar Patagonia MT - Really leaning towards these from the initial feedback but since they are so new I'm not sure how they will fair out in the long term
Still really like my Patagonia's and I had S/T Maxx on before... Of the Hybrid AT's, the ATZP3 is still a standout performer. But I can't see myself not putting on Patagonia's again. The STT Pro is also an excellent tire.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I ran the BFG KM² in a 35x12.5r15 for about 35k miles. I drove my Jeep across the Southwest when they were a few months new and I was very happy with their trail attributes. They chunked very little. Traction was very good. In the last 1/3rd of tread life, I sold them and went with the Falken AT3Ws. I think that you will be happier with the KM³ for their predictable handling on the street and trail performance. I grew tired of the noise on the street as this is my daily driver after 15 years of ownership. Here is my worst stuck in the Salton Sea.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts