Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in Wells, Maine, which is NOT a friendly state to overland trail riders. I am looking for some areas in NH somewhat close by the Maine line. My '08 Wrangler is my daily commuter, so I can't put her through hell. Anyone know of anything near me?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Old old thread, but one item to point out is most towns have a "mud season" closure in NH, including Class VI roads. Basically, most do not open legally until June 1. Adhering to the town laws on this will help ensure everyone has access now and in the future.
Also, NH has an entire library of "smart" .pdf town maps. You can dowload them free and pit them on your android/iOS device. They can be read "dumb", or get an app like Avenza Maps and they work just like a Google map, showing you where you are.
The other advantage to these maps is they tell you what roads are roads, what ones are c6, and what ones are private. Very important per the above access issues.
TREAD Lightly!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in Wells, Maine, which is NOT a friendly state to overland trail riders. I am looking for some areas in NH somewhat close by the Maine line. My '08 Wrangler is my daily commuter, so I can't put her through hell. Anyone know of anything near me?
Yes, there is a great rd that stretches between Lebanon, ME to Acton, ME . on the Lebanon side it is known as: HEBO HYBO RD and i think that's off of BAKERS GRANT RD. There are times when its gated at that end so i enter from Acton. Im not sure the class of this rd. I own a 2018 Wrangler and i also do not want to beat the hell out of it. There are parts that will certainly test your Jeep that's why i recently install better tires and a 10,000 lb winch.
I am always venturing out into the unknown looking for abandoned homesteads, farmlands, cellar holes, etc.
Enjoy

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Yes, there is a great rd that stretches between Lebanon, ME to Acton, ME . on the Lebanon side it is known as: HEBO HYBO RD and i think that's off of BAKERS GRANT RD. There are times when its gated at that end so i enter from Acton. Im not sure the class of this rd. I own a 2018 Wrangler and i also do not want to beat the hell out of it. There are parts that will certainly test your Jeep that's why i recently install better tires and a 10,000 lb winch.
I am always venturing out into the unknown looking for abandoned homesteads, farmlands, cellar holes, etc.
Enjoy
If you are close to NH as that road implies, check out exploringnh.
Also, I won't quote him since his post was from 2017, but not overland friendly? Has he heard of the Great North Maine Woods?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

21 - 26 of 26 Posts