Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to possibly upgrade my tire size since installing my 2" lift last week. I recently plasti dipped my stock Sahara 18's and don't have any intention of getting rid of them. This brings me to my dilemma. I currently have stock size Hankook Dynapro ATM tires. Overall they don't look bad, but I think I just want something bigger. I know I can go with a 275/70 or 295/70. I'm worried the 275 won't be enough difference over stock, and on the other end worry that the 295 my be a bit much. What do you guys think, or does anyone have any pics of either with a 2" lift on Sahara 18's? Also I've got 3.73's for what its worth.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's going to be a nice size!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll be reusing my 18" Sahara stockers. Thank you though!

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
Which 2" lift??

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually ended up just a bit over 2.5" when it was all said and done.

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
You'll need to add wheel spacers, 1.25 would be perfect... You should be able to run 285/70r18. That's a true 33 and is a lot of tire. Nitto Ridge Grappler would be my choice.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I forgot to mention I've already got the spacers as well. Do you think the 295's would be a problem?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also the 275's and 295's are both cheaper in cost than the 285's. The Jeep is a weekend street queen, and will never see off road use ( I know that's blasphemy!). I'm just looking for a nice sized AT tire, that won't break the bank.

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
I forgot to mention I've already got the spacers as well. Do you think the 295's would be a problem?
285/75/R18s. Perfect for a 2-2.5” lift. Basically a 35 x 11

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I think both of those are too much tire for the 2" Rancho without flat fenders.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you all for your input. I think I'm just going to go with 275's. A little bit more tire at an affordable cost.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
Yes, I think both of those are too much tire for the 2" Rancho without flat fenders.
agreed a 285/75-18 is going to taller than most 35's.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Just for a data point, although I'm not on 18's, I'm on OEM 17's with 1.5" spacers. I'm running 295-70-17 on a spacer lift measured to an actual 1.5" of lift. I offroad with these Dick Cepek Extreme Country tires and have only had to cut some of the lip of the OEM front fenders near the center for the tires to always clear when articulated and full lock. Standing there, looking at the Jeep, it looks like the fenders are untouched.

So you can go to more tire than the 275's if you run spacers. Especially with a 2" lift.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the input Jack, as mentioned earlier, I won't be doing any offroad it's strictly a street queen weekend cruiser. I'll figure it out one way or the other lol! Too many options!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts