Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got a parts book access and can check on steering knuckle part numbers am planning on doing a brake mod I am wondering if the late TJ and early JK are the same as the late Series Wrangler after 2011. I need TJ prior to 2011 and after 2011 as well as late TJ (after 2000) Thanks MUCH

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Part numbers for steering knuckles

Am trying to compare the knuckles Late TJ to JK series for a possible brake mod. So if we took either the Right side or left side do we see 3 different part numbers? I am assuming that with each change in brake rotor size each year 2000, 2008 and 2011 rotor size changed did the Knuckles also change in those corresponding years?

Thanks for your help Bob

·
Registered
446 Posts
I don't quite understand the post It seems to be aimed toward a TJ but is in the JK section. However if im to take a stab at what you're asking; JK and TJ knuckles are indeed different. You can actually use JK knuckles on a TJ but require an adjustable balljoint to get camber back within spec. The TJ hub assemblies will bolt right on, however the JK rotors would need to be drilled for a 4.5" bolt pattern. If you want to upgrade TJ brakes, use WJ parts, not JK. They are a direct bolt on.

If you are asking about TJ parts on a JK, thats a downgrade to smaller brakes; don't.

·
Super Moderator
53,757 Posts
I don't quite understand the post It seems to be aimed toward a TJ but is in the JK section. However if im to take a stab at what you're asking; JK and TJ knuckles are indeed different. You can actually use JK knuckles on a TJ but require an adjustable balljoint to get camber back within spec. The TJ hub assemblies will bolt right on, however the JK rotors would need to be drilled for a 4.5" bolt pattern. If you want to upgrade TJ brakes, use WJ parts, not JK. They are a direct bolt on. If you are asking about TJ parts on a JK, thats a downgrade to smaller brakes; don't.
He posted in the TJ section as well LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts