Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 14 sahara ended up with a new wound the other day. It's a penny sized dent in the metal right in front of the drivers mirror. It the metal piece that that sits next to the cowl but above the hood. Just off the A pillar.. I cant find this part with mopar anywhere... Anyone know what it's called or a Part #? Thanks...

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
It appears to part of the fender itself. 1 Fender Left

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
That's called your "cowl" and - as far as I know - there's no readily available part number 'cuz it's a welded on body panel. Go get it PDR'd and be more careful next time :)

You could also get the rugged ridge "cowl protectors" - I did - I had my dent repaired first, though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
part

It's he 6"x6" curved piece of sheet metal at the edge of the cowl. It looks like a stand alone piece from the outside looking at it... If its part of the front panel I may just get used to the dent...

Awesome idea on the RR cowl protectors Dan..

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
It's he 6"x6" curved piece of sheet metal at the edge of the cowl. It looks like a stand alone piece from the outside looking at it... If its part of the front panel I may just get used to the dent...

Awesome idea on the RR cowl protectors Dan..
The entire part below the windshield but above the hood is pretty much the "cowl," but in Jeep context the "Cowl" usually refers to the curved part since it's most often followed by the word "Dent" (search for "Cowl Dent" with the quotations on Google and you'll see what I mean).

A good PDR guy can fix it, they have spoons and pokers and stuff. Guy got mine to like 98% and you can barely see a wrinkle unless you're looking at it.

I actually got a compliment on the protectors from a dealer. They look pretty okay, here are mine. They're the Rugged Ridge ones, go right on with some 3M tape and so far so good. Haven't had to test them standing up against the mirror yet, fortunately.

Warrior makes 'em in diamond plate, too, if you're into that; they can either be 3M taped on or riveted, though you'd need to drill some holes for that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
part

Thanks guys for the responses. I've got a order in for the RR cowl covers. If I cant see it then in my mind it's not there. LOL.. Anyway in hindsight I was taking off the oem doors the other day and putting on my RR tubes. I guess it got away and banged the cowl. Didn't notice it then but I was enjoying the evening with a few beers. Oh well, This board is deep in knowledge and been there done that. Thanks again...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts