Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone runs 12.50, and I have in the past as well. Nothing wrong with them.
But I'm planning to run a narrow tire for a few reasons. I know wider is better in sand, but I don't like running in sand anyway and try to avoid where I can.

I think a narrow tire will work for my purpose and I tend to like the look. I'm not talking tracker mud bogging narrow, but 10.50 or 11.50. Something like that.

If you run a narrow 33", post up some pics. And maybe some opinions on them.

Unless you have some real comment on the advantage of a wider tire, let's try to keep negative opinions on the look to a minimum. :)

Thanks

·
Registered
964 Posts
Everyone runs 12.50, and I have in the past as well. Nothing wrong with them.
But I'm planning to run a narrow tire for a few reasons. I know wider is better in sand, but I don't like running in sand anyway and try to avoid where I can.

I think a narrow tire will work for my purpose and I tend to like the look. I'm not talking tracker mud bogging narrow, but 10.50 or 11.50. Something like that.

If you run a narrow 33", post up some pics. And maybe some opinions on them.

Unless you have some real comment on the advantage of a wider tire, let's try to keep negative opinions on the look to a minimum. :)

Thanks
Got a buddy running km2 33x1050, he loves them, does everything my 1250 do I'll see if I can get a pic of our jeeps beside each other so you can have a good comparison of 1050 vs 1250

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That'd be great! Thanks

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all

Exactly what I was hoping to see and hear. Them some nice Jeeps

·
Registered
387 Posts
I run Toyo Open Country MT 255/85R16 and absolutely love them. These work out to just a shade over 10" x 33".
That looks awesome! Keeping in mind for when I go to 33s.

·
Registered
738 Posts
My plan is to go to 33x10.5's when I get some new shoes here in the spring, what can I say I prefer skinny to fat :bop:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks all. The Bighorns have been a good tire for me. They really come alive when airing down from street pressure offroad. The place where pics were taken is ALWAYS wet and the more aggressive the tread the better there.
The other tire option is the Cooper ST MAXX (in this size). I may consider them the next time around since the Jeep is on road more than off lately. The ST MAXX is regarded as an aggressive A/T even though they do not look too aggressive.
Attached pic should be titled "Bad Decision"

Attachments

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
394 Posts
image-1066353971.jpg

I had mine on 33x10.5 bfg ko's on 15x8 steelies a few months ago. Was too skinny for my preference, but damn did they ride nice. A lot smoother than my current 33x12.5 cooper discoverer stt's

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If our TJ was a Daily Driver, I'd keep with the BFG A/T. I got the KO2's on my F150. They have always been the best riding and all around on/off road tire I've had on any truck or jeep.

I only plan to go to M/T's because this is a weekender.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts