Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2012 on order and am looking at my options on tires and lifts. I already purchased 20x10" XD Monster wheels. I'm thinking I will order the 3.25" Rough Country Lift and run 33's. Does anyone out there happen to have photos of this or a similar set up. Thanks!

·
Registered
780 Posts
15 hours and no one will admit to 20 in rims??

:popcorn:

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: Rats, I was thinking about ordering some 20" chrome ones, with the motion LEDs--but

Then, I thought-I don't drive that much at night anyway,so-forgetit, besides, armadillos don't like flashing lights :rofl:

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Won't find many hear that like 20" wheel on a Jeep. Most here think it makes it look cheap or at minimum a Hummer wannabe. But the truth is 20" wheels are not the best off road wheels and Jeep is an off road vehicle.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Tires for 20" wheels are also extremely expensive and heavier than any tire almost for every wheel size smaller i.e. 18", 17", 16", 15" which means less power and less MPG.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Tires for 20" wheels are also extremely expensive and heavier than any tire almost for every wheel size smaller i.e. 18", 17", 16", 15" which means less power and less MPG.
I put real "oem" SRT8 rims forged 20X9 on my 2010 2 d rubi. I'm running 275 60 20 michlin A/T tires. Much better on the road wheer my vehicle resides most. Saved the M/T amd rubi rims if/when the time comes to bring it back to stock. Rim/tire combo weighs 6.5 pound more per wheel than stock setup. Yes, it wasn't cheap, but i like the look and performance for what i do with it.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I've got a 2012 on order and am looking at my options on tires and lifts. I already purchased 20x10" XD Monster wheels. I'm thinking I will order the 3.25" Rough Country Lift and run 33's. Does anyone out there happen to have photos of this or a similar set up. Thanks!
Getting ready to lift my 2011 / 2" spacer likely - will be running
33's but with a 16,17 or 18 x 9 " wheel.. more side looks nicer IMO
and less expensive I will post pics of that. but cannot help ya on what 20's with only 33's will look like..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got all 5 like new from a dealer friend of mine for $500. is the only reason! I couldn't order the 18's I wanted (ATX's) with tires and be cheaper.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
15 hours and no one will admit to 20 in rims??

:popcorn:
:rofl: Ok, ok, you got me.... Let me see if I can find a pic.....

Um, nope. No 20's here.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Are you getting 2 door or 4? If 2 door a 2.5" lift or 3" would be the max I would go. Just got 35"s on my 2 door JK with a 3" lift and it is more than plenty especially with flat fender flares. Even with a 4 door I think a 2.5" to 3" would be more than adequate. Just an opinion.

Post pics when done!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Go to the photo gallery on the Fortec website. They have quite of few they have built here in Florida. Granted were not rock crawlers and hill climbers down here in South Florida but there is allot of mud to play in. I envy the trails and backwoods of the north and west! 20's probably wouldn't be a wise choice for doing that type of offroading. Mud usually doesn't beat the crap out of your vehicles wheels.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Also in response to weight and mpg. According to XD the 20's weigh 1 pound more than the 18's. The tires are probably going to be roughly the same if not less when you account for the 20" hole and the square inches of rubber. The diameter and width of an 18 and 20 whether 33's or 35's are virtually same. With the exception of the 18's having more rubber (weight) do to the larger sidewalls. Just a calculated guess!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts