Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I know I found detailed instructions here a few years ago for going to home depot and getting the stuff to do the mesh grill inserts. I actually did it on my former JKUWW.

I'm ready to do that on my new rig, but can't recall the product that I need to get for the actual mesh. I actually recall how to put it on, with the zip ties and tiny sticky-back squares.

Can anyone remind me what the mesh itself is?

TIA.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
I went and visited my cousin last weekend. His security screen front door had the perfectly spaced, exact amount of metal and air gaps that I have been looking for. I tried to get the mounting screws removed before he noticed, but he was faster than I was. BUT, where would one find old, rusted out, discarded security screen doors? That's where I am looking.

I think the type of metal you are looking for is "Extruded Metal"

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the gutter guards! Thanks much - that's what I used last time and it worked just fine for me, plus no learning curve. thanks again.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Do you take the bend out of these before installing them?
The bend is so slight, I didn't.
The link I posted isn't the exact ones I used. Just wanted to help get him close.
This I actually closer to the design I used, but I'm not finding it on the Lowe's or HD websites:
https://www.doitbest.com/products/1...6MZgcOl48Pr33z0qppa5eT9wYZ6GzXfxoC7nEQAvD_BwE
Found this label on a spare I had in the garage. Hope this will help.
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
267 Posts
Do you take the bend out of these before installing them?
The bend is so slight, I didn't.
The link I posted isn't the exact ones I used. Just wanted to help get him close.
This I actually closer to the design I used, but I'm not finding it on the Lowe's or HD websites:
https://www.doitbest.com/products/1...6MZgcOl48Pr33z0qppa5eT9wYZ6GzXfxoC7nEQAvD_BwE
Found this label on a spare I had in the garage. Hope this will help.
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Thanks much!

·
Premium Member
10,137 Posts
Hi all,

I know I found detailed instructions here a few years ago for going to home depot and getting the stuff to do the mesh grill inserts. I actually did it on my former JKUWW.

I'm ready to do that on my new rig, but can't recall the product that I need to get for the actual mesh. I actually recall how to put it on, with the zip ties and tiny sticky-back squares.

Can anyone remind me what the mesh itself is?

TIA.
Try this place.... I've bought special cut sheet metal from them before. They have various perforated and expanded sheet metal inventory.

https://www.onlinemetals.com/

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
30 bucks, stainless steel,,no brainer?
eBay

Trying to find one without the hood lock hole....help

Reactions: tgil
1 - 11 of 11 Posts