Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys,

I just purchased a teraflex lift kit without shocks and I’m also looking at the Teraflex 9550 shocks, does anybody have experience with those? Or how they ride compared to the rubi shocks. 90% on road and some light trails throughout the year. Want to remain comfortable on the road and durable off road. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
Did you get shock extensions with your TeraFlex lift kit? If not then the factory Rubicon shocks are too short without them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have the shock extensions, I believe I have everything I need. Just waiting for the perfect deal on some shocks!

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
I ran TF 9550s on my YJ for years and had no complaints; it was primarily an off-road rig, but the highway time did not suck because of 9550s.

I have the TF 2.5" lift and 9550s on my 10A. I like the ride and performance off-road with them on my JKU more than I did on my YJ. I'm probably not the best comparison though since the JKU, being longer and newer, rides better than my 30 YO YJ. I still recommend the 9550s though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts