Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who uses this

rather than this

Are there other companies with better/more economical products to consider?

Just how reliable are these items?

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
Bestop makes an underseat security drawer for half the price. I have one and love it.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see the install is quite simple.

Would this be feasible: install the box tabs under the front seat bracket so as to get a little raise in the front of the seat to give a bit of tilt? I'm going to need to get about 3/8" rise to give me a bit of angulation.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have the bestop under seat safe and there seems to be a second lever on my seat that doesn't allow this to be set up so its still in the box.

·
Registered
123 Posts
i got the tuffy underseat concealed carry box, love it, pretty big easy to install

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
I see the install is quite simple.

Would this be feasible: install the box tabs under the front seat bracket so as to get a little raise in the front of the seat to give a bit of tilt? I'm going to need to get about 3/8" rise to give me a bit of angulation.
Yes, but any rise will be negligible at best.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lawngnome: "I have the bestop under seat safe and there seems to be a second lever on my seat that doesn't allow this to be set up so its still in the box. "

1) what model Jeep do you have?
2) will it fit an 08 Sahara
3) do you want to sell it?

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
I have the bestop under seat safe and there seems to be a second lever on my seat that doesn't allow this to be set up so its still in the box.

PM Boosta and he can tell you how to get around that.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Lawngnome:

Do you have a 2011? They 2011's have a new bracket under the seat. Search for other posts, we have already discussed removing this bracket to fit the drawer.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Bestop makes an underseat security drawer for half the price. I have one and love it.
Just got mine installed yesterday ( was an Xmas gift but backordered)

Love it!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the underseat drawer, and it sucks....can only fit 10 round clips, not 17 with the SR9C.:firedevil:

·
Registered
431 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
I just installed my best top under seat locking box!

Very nice and for $50 shipped its great,, and pretty heavy.

Install was kinda tuff,, those seat bolts are really on there!!!!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I see this is an older thread, but after reading the comment about an extra bar in the 2011, I tried searching for the mentioned posts about how to get around it.

I can't seem to find anything, does anyone have a link to the post? Or would it be ok to PM someone for instructions?

I am glad I checked here because I was planning on ordering this tomorrow, but now I feel like I should wait.

·
account closed
417 Posts
I just installed my best top under seat locking box!

Very nice and for $50 shipped its great,, and pretty heavy.

Install was kinda tuff,, those seat bolts are really on there!!!!!!
Lol. I was gonna bust Jeeperjake back and just say put one under the seat as the bolts will be easy to get out, i really wish some of you seen me taking things off this jeep to understand what I'm saying.
As for the topic I've been thinking about welding some cargo boxes to the tire wells inside my cargo area for secure storage. I have my carpet and rear seat removed and feel that some tall narrow locking boxes would be a nice addition and also something you don't see everyday. Not for everyone but perfect for me in my situation. A locking center consol other then an under seat box would be another nice option.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There's a delicate balance between too big and too small a security cubby.

I've been trying various sizes but haven't settled on anything yet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts