Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Sahara 2 Door. Recently, I got a very good deal on a soft top from a buddy of mine, which was originally for a 2008 Rubicon. For the most part the soft top works great. However, if I get going over 55mph it gets VERY loud and air leaks in where the soft top meets the top of the windshield. I understand that Jeeps (especially when they have soft tops) are not the quietest vehicles on the road, but this seems excessive. I brought up the problem with my dealer and their response was, "Buy a new soft top." I am looking for a solution that is a little less expensive. This is my first foray into the world of soft tops (I have always had a hard top on my Jeep), so I was wondering if any wiser and more experienced Jeep owners out there have any sage advise or solutions to my problem that doesn't involve buying a whole new soft top? Thanks for your time, I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Should not be extremely loud. More so than the hard top, tea but not excessive. Check the seals on the frame and the header. Might have a worn or missing seal. Also try lubing them to make sure they are nice and plyable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Kraxler. I have poked around on some other thread on here about similar issues and I think my header is warped. I guess it can happen with the plastic ones from the '07 and '08 soft tops. I think I will order the metal replacement part and see if that helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts