Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to obtain a build sheet on my 89 YJ? Looking for some details as to what equipment was in it at time of production. When I purchased it 3 yrs ago, it was pretty much stock, although I believe some mods were made such as the gears and possibly the fuel tank. As far as I have read, the 89 YJ's only had 15.1 gallon fuel tanks?? I was showing little less than a 1/4 tank and filled up, it took 15.4 gallons??? Any insight???

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
I have an 87, and it has a factory 20 gal tank. Besides the fact that both the 15 and the 20 gal tanks are exactly the same size externally. The only difference is the length of the vent tube inside the tank.

Raidan has the right site to get your info, give them your VIN number and they give you a stock build sheet in your email.

What makes you think that the gears have been changed? Stock gears for the 6cyl were 3.07 with an option for 3.55, and the 4cyl were 4.10.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Raidan, thanks... I found that site online and submitted the info. Glad to hear the site is good... look forward to getting the results.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I tried that with my 88 and they said they no longer have that info. Weird huh.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did the bearings on the rear because they were making noise. When we opened it up, the gear ring was stamped 3:73. Not sure if the previous owner changed them or they were available from the factory.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Contacted Jeep for the build sheet. They got back to me the same day! Very cool!! I was excited to see my 89 was equipped with a 20 gallon gas tank! It was a mod I thought I was gonna do some day. Thanks for the heads guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts