Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an 2006 Wrangler SE 2.4 liter engine and I'm looking for a little more power. I know intakes and exhaust systems can help. Can anyone point me in the right direction? That would be great.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Honestly, there isn't much more that you're going to get out of that engine without investing a disproportionate sum into it. Headers and an exhaust are about all I would bother doing with it.

I would not do a K&N-type open, oiled air filter setup, even though you will see a HP increase with it. In my experience, even with proper maintenance, they let debris through that the OEM paper filter would have stopped. I dumped my K&N FIPK intake kit and went back to the OEM intake box for this reason.

Where you will really get your "power" is in making sure that your axle gearing is optimal for your tire size and intended usage. A 2.4 is never going to be a stoplight screamer, but if you have it geared properly you will be fine on the interstate and on the trails.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thanks for the help and advice. I know it will do fine off-road without the power. It's just getting to places I want to go it's a bit lacking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts