Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I curently own a 2003 tj sahara. Looking at 2015 jkur's . What is your opinion on auto verses standard transmissions? What else should I look for? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
If you have a manual on your TJ the one on the JK is no worse. It's completely a personal preference. A more important decision is 2Dr vs 4Dr. Having owned 2 TJs the 4 Dr changes the whole experience particularly on the road.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Auto and manual are both good transmissions, and like spinlock said it's a matter of a personal preference. I have a '14 JKU 6-speed and like it very much, if I had an auto I would've liked it as much.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just picked up a 15 unlmtd sahara 6 speed. the transmission as im learning is naturally noisey/clunky other then that. autos fun...but nothing beats the feeling of manual IMO

·
Registered
146 Posts
Originally I wanted a manual since the JKUR comes standard with the 4.10 axle ratios and it is an upgrade in addition to the premium you already pay for the automatic.

There are threads already on the manual -vs- automatic topic. Various opinions and what I gathered from them all is that it is mostly a user preference now.

I picked up a 2015 automatic JKUR, 4.10 axle ratios, Tank color, Black top & fenders, auto-start, 430N, Uconnect, temp control, saddle leather. The tan saddle leather interior was an unexpected pleasant surprise, I was expecting black interior since that is what I asked for.

I have only owned it a little over a month and I have been very happy with it....

Get the 2015 JKUR with 4.10 axle ratios then whatever your preference is for the rest.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My previous 2 wranglers were 2 doors, manual trans, and half doors. I'm now in my 30's with 2 kids and my previous wranglers wouldn't have really worked out for my current situation. I bought a 2016 4 door, auto trans, with full doors. Our whole family loves it and we take it everywhere, the wife (who couldn't learn how to drive standard in my old jeep) loves to drive it as well when I let her every so often. My advice would be the same but it depends on your situation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts