Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 90 YJ it sits on 33/12.5 tires the gears are stock 410's 2.5 4 banger ax5 tranny but I think it's the ax15 because we did a bell houseing swap and it was a mechanical throw out bearing and in stalled a new hydralic throw out, new clutch reason for swap there was no 5th gear just alot of metal when drained out, the problem I am haveing is when I push in the clutch I get a clunking sound coming from the rear and when going around corners or turning any direction sharply it sounds like a whinne. and as I am travelling through 1-5 it starts to whine louder and louder but if I put it in neutral she stops but if I put a load on it then she starts to whine again I am thinking the gears are beat, also when I changed out the 90 wieght there was a good amount of metal not the limited slip crap either metal, so I orderd 456 gears front and back supirieor, just so I can get 5th gear out of the jeep as it dose nothing except bog down when climbing a slight upgrade rpms drop to 1900 from2500 in fith gear and from 65 to 45 in about1/2 mile going up hill and if I add another 400 lbs to my ride 2 more bodys then I won't even think of switching into 5th, not worth it :banghead: so was it wise for me to get the new gears or do I have another issue I have to deal with:eek: besides it being a 4banger... also never ever buy from a freind It will kill your freinship trust me on this 1 !!!!!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts