Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have 2010 Jk that I bought new 2 years ago. Ever since then, I have been wanting to go bigger. Does anbody have any info they can give me? Someone selling? Who has the best deals? Im getting tired of scrolling through craigslist every day looking for something. :banghead:

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Tons of threads on this subject. Is your jeep lifted? If not, plan to lift it? Budget? Consider going down to 15" wheels? If so, hit up Discount Tire Direct for something like the MB72s and 33" Duratrac combo.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure about a lift. I would like to lift it but, they seem pretty expensive unless you can install them yourself. But lets say no lift and a budget of $1g. Wheel size is whatever to me, as long as it looks it good.

Im guessing Im not going to achieve that by putting tires on my stock 16s?

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Buz said:
Not sure about a lift. I would like to lift it but, they seem pretty expensive unless you can install them yourself. But lets say no lift and a budget of $1g. Wheel size is whatever to me, as long as it looks it good.

Im guessing Im not going to achieve that by putting tires on my stock 16s?
For a budget of a grand, you are definitely going to have to look at the used market if you are wanting wheels and tires. Since you mentioned you have the stock 16s, then I am assuming you still have the 29" stock tires. Have you considered picking up some Rubicon takeoffs? That would give you the 17" Moab wheel with a 255/75/17 (roughly 32") mud terrain tire.

·
Registered
88 Posts
You might want to try your local mom and pop tire stores. They usually have used tires for sale in every size. You can get the tires you want and save for the wheels you want later. If you go this route you would have to stay at 16's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts