Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 2.5 wrangler, I noticed that when i shift sometimes i here a knocking sound coming from under me so im assuming those are my tranny mounts. I might as well change my other 2 mounts while im under there.

Before i start buying stuff online, i wanted to know if anyone has a set of good conditioned mounts for sale at a fair price or if there are any good deals on the web that i dont know about.

Any help is appreciated thanks:thumb:

·
Knows a couple things...
49,632 Posts
Whatever you buy, especially with your 2.5L that produces more vibration, stick with rubber mounts. Polyurethane mounts are excellent transmitters of engine vibrations and you won't like them.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
It could be the TC linkage binding too. You might want to check that out while you are down there.

·
Registered
583 Posts
And dont get energy motor mounts. I love all their products but not the motor mount for the jeep. Its a pita to install.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tips guys i will keep what you said in mind. Also another problem has came up, im hearing a nosie, its a screeching noise coming from were my pullies are and was conformed, does that mean i need to replace them or just tighten them?

Is this a danger to my car if i keep driving like this for just a little while?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Mariomarji said:
Thanks for the tips guys i will keep what you said in mind. Also another problem has came up, im hearing a nosie, its a screeching noise coming from were my pullies are and was conformed, does that mean i need to replace them or just tighten them?

Is this a danger to my car if i keep driving like this for just a little while?
Take off the belt and turn the pullies with your hand. That will confirm which one is bad. To me screeming pullies is a must, mot something that needs to be left for later. I have seen some lockup and it didnt look too good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Take off the belt and turn the pullies with your hand. That will confirm which one is bad. To me screeming pullies is a must, mot something that needs to be left for later. I have seen some lockup and it didnt look too good.

ive never taken my belt off before but im sure i can do it, is that something that can be done before school or a few scheduled hours to get this done rite?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Mariomarji said:
ive never taken my belt off before but im sure i can do it, is that something that can be done before school or a few scheduled hours to get this done rite?
Its pretty simple. It should take you probably 30mins with taking the belt of checking and then back on. Iam pretty sure its either your tensioner or the (forgot its name), its the pulley that is not the ac o the pump or the alt or the crank. Hehe. The pulley thats just there to hange the belt direction.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Idler pulley i remembered the name. Sorry about that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts