Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
it all depends on how well the tires were cared for. the wrangler gsa tires were discontinued i think about 12 years ago and replaced with the gy silent armor. I would inspect the tires very carefully it's not so much mileage anymore on tires it's age. When i bought my tj a year ago it had practically new tires on but they were 8 years old and they were dry rotted so i had to replace them. you can use them as they have fairly good tread for now until you can buy new ones. The wrangler gsa tire was a good tire back then. I got close to 70,000 miles on a set i had back in the 90's and i did alot of stop and go driving for domino's pizza. I've never bought used tires i've always went with new tires for my vehicles and i realize some people can't afford new. tread life depends on what kind of tire it is and what brand just don't go with bridgestone they won;t last no more than 30,000 miles most of the people on the forum go with either gy duratrac or bfg all terrains or even general grabber tires. by the way that's a fairly good deal for both tires and rims.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks
They are a sey of four stock 30X9.50 Tires and Wheels off of a 2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ. Only 25,000 miles on the tires is thay alot?

·
Registered
281 Posts
that's not alot of miles for those tires since yo can get 60,000 plus but they are almost 14 years old since goodyear no longer makes those tires. i remember back in 2005 i wanted to get those tires for my old truck and the tire guy said that they no longer have those tires anymore. so those tires are pretty old like i said in my earlier post i would check for any cracks in the sidewall of the tire sometimes they are hard to see. Also check for cracks in between the treads as well I looked at the tires in the pics but they were wet and i could not see any cracks cause of them being wet. If you do use them and they are starting to get alot of cracks on the sidewall and in between the treads i would replace them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts