Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Make sure that bumber is either primed underneath, or you do some rust prevention. Tube bumbers can rust easily if you live in a place that salts over winter.

It looks great though!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks man. It was a great learning experience. For future reference, I went into my wife's cabinet and grabbed a bottle of her nail polish remover. You wouldn't believe how well that stuff works at removing overspray. Cotton balls and nail polish remover? Who would of thought.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Krylon Fusion - Black Satin Spray Paint

Give each flare a once over with a heavy duty Scotch-Brite scour pad and then apply your first coat. I wanted a more flat black appearance so I used the scour pad to take away some of the shine. Applied a second coat and then gave the flares a final light scour and it looks outstanding.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Krylon Fusion - Black Satin Spray Paint

Give each flare a once over with a heavy duty Scotch-Brite scour pad and then apply your first coat. I wanted a more flat black appearance so I used the scour pad to take away some of the shine. Applied a second coat and then gave the flares a final light scour and it looks outstanding.
thanks, thats the kinda paint I was looking for. not too shinny, not too matte, just right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts