Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello dudes and chicks. This is my first post and hopefully the first of many. My name is Ethan, i'm 20 years old and I'm living with my mother and grandmother in Venezuela right now. However I will be going to Florida with my dad and starting collage over there as an auto mechanic and having a job as well.

My mother has given me 6k dollars for the down payment on the Jeep.

Now before you face palm and say that i'm a brat for wanting to get a Rubicon or what not, hear me out. :rolleyes:

1. I'm looking at Wrangler that has the heaviest duty components on it. Why? Because I want to bring this truck back to Venezuela with me. If this truck stayed in Florida then I would get the basic sport and load it up to my specs and save money. Venezuelan roads SUCK and they suck hard. But off roading here is very popular and very good. I want the best axles and suspension. BUT I don't really mind about the shocks or springs or smaller components because I can change those out easily.

2. You think you are paying to much for your Wrangler? Take a look at this.

Jeep Wrangler 2007 - BsF 637000.00 - TuCarro.com Venezuela

That's 150k+ dollars. AND THAT'S A NON-RUBICON 2007 MODEL.

The speculation that the people have here that cause the inflation of the prices in cars is unbelievable. So I'd be saving quite a bit of money buying it in Florida and bringing it back with me once I've paid it off.

The options that I need are the 6 speed manual transmission, dual roof and the MAYBE the towing package. That depends if I can install it later on down the road.

Id like to hear your opinions and recommendations on this.

Here is what I've accomplished with the vehicle that I currently have here with me. :redface:

My own offroad (softroad) adventures. - Bob Is The Oil Guy

I'd love to get a car that will last me and our family the long run. (I'm VERY anal about maintenance.)

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's the actual question? :cool:

Yes Rubicon is stronger components, yes, looks like perfect for Venezuela, and yes, looks like you can resell it one day there for much more than you paid for it in the US.

6,000 down payment, check Jeep | 4X4 Off-Road SUV Crossover Vehicles | Jeep Models and use their finance tools to see what you have to pay.
I have a couple of questions. When I bring this truck over here what parts should I bring with it? Alternator? Water pump? Wheel bearings? etc. They don't have parts for wranglers here So I'd have to send them from the U.S if something breaks. What parts do you recommend taking with me?

What type of fluid do the diffs, T-Case and manual transmission take. (I will strictly use synthetic but the only weight I see is 75w90 Castrol Syntec and Valvoline Synpower. I will also use Synthetic for the motor.)

·
Registered
771 Posts
Difficult to guess that. Do you plan on driving it around in the US for how many years before taking it back? Maybe research based on previous models @ 'x' milage so and so part was replaced etc. etc. 2012-2013 all so new what will break and when. Other than consumables, oil filter, air filter, maybe brakes, maybe extra tires?

Main concern would be who can diagnose problems and fix them, the thing is totally computer controlled. That's a 2007 in that advert. Do you know if there are any shops that do late model jeep repairs?

I think it all depends on how long you keep it in the US and how many miles, along with monitoring and researching other older models what goes first and what is replaced first.

types of fluids are in the manual, you can download it from jeep.com under owners section and manuals. (may only be 2012's there right now).

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
positrak said:
Difficult to guess that. Do you plan on driving it around in the US for how many years before taking it back? Maybe research based on previous models @ 'x' milage so and so part was replaced etc. etc. 2012-2013 all so new what will break and when. Other than consumables, oil filter, air filter, maybe brakes, maybe extra tires?

Main concern would be who can diagnose problems and fix them, the thing is totally computer controlled. That's a 2007 in that advert. Do you know if there are any shops that do late model jeep repairs?

I think it all depends on how long you keep it in the US and how many miles, along with monitoring and researching other older models what goes first and what is replaced first.

types of fluids are in the manual, you can download it from jeep.com under owners section and manuals. (may only be 2012's there right now).
He's going to college to be a mechanic duhh that's why he is coming to el florida

·
Registered
771 Posts
Don't know.

What would be a good idear is if you can apprentice at a Jeep dealer while at school even if on a voluntary basis if not eligible to work or what ever. Or jeep shop there or something.

Actual part repairs, someone else will have to advise you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts