Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys. I’m looking to get back in and JK. Had a 07jku 10 years ago that I did a rock kralwer lift on and 37’s. Loved it. Ran across an 08 2dr Rubicon with 100k miles and auto trans. Rock kralwer lift and 35’s. The issue that I’m seeing is in the attached…. A lot of codes. I’m wondering if a new clock spring will take care of 99% of them. Plus and o2 sensor and 2 abs sensors. I just don’t want to get something that’s going to be an electrical nightmare.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s got a few dents from off-roading but overall not a bad Jeep. The kid just has no idea how to work on them. His uncle owned it and did all the work. I’m getting it at a good price in this market. If I just need to replace 2 speed sensors and a clock spring plus an 02 sensor I’ll be golden. I just don’t want a can or worms. I know the clock spring issue throws a lot of codes.

·
Retired Moderator
102,478 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.
WOW.. all of them codes, and a snorkel..:eek: I wouldn’t only walk away from it, but even better is to run away from it.

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
It’s got a few dents from off-roading but overall not a bad Jeep. The kid just has no idea how to work on them. His uncle owned it and did all the work. I’m getting it at a good price in this market. If I just need to replace 2 speed sensors and a clock spring plus an 02 sensor I’ll be golden. I just don’t want a can or worms. I know the clock spring issue throws a lot of codes.
View attachment 4519460
To me, all those codes mean neglect.

Which begs the question, what else has been neglected? Oil changes, etc.

That's still a no from me, those codes are the beginning if an iceberg.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
See this is why I come here so y’all can talk some sense into me lol. I’ve had rough luck with rubicon’s today. Was heading for a 4 hr road trip to grab an 09 with 100k for 13k (same price as the red one). I asked the seller if he could meet near the Interstate. He informed me that he didn’t feel safe driving it with the check engine light on and didn’t like how it drove… yet the description said drives good… man I love fb marketplace.

·
Registered
2015 Anvil JKUR Hard Rock.
421 Posts
Ya....love those......easy to fix.....but I haven't. WHY?.... Because they are not! Run or get cheap....and I mean cheap.

·
Registered
352 Posts
This is a long list of engine codes. In order to evaluate the proper amount to offer, you start with the asking price and subtract $1000 for each engine code. There are 12 engine codes on the list; Your offer should be $12,000 below the seller asking price.

:)

·
Registered
654 Posts
Dont start off with that kind of headache. Unless, you're a service tech. Then maybe owball the guy. Because that's some clownworld BS right there, with all those codes.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Yah too many codes. I get one code and I immediately troubleshoot it, fix it, and remove it. Kid probably thought as long as it's driving Im good but in all reality the littlest things will cripple a used Jeep. IF you are set on getting it I mean it's all fixable but I would try to get a better offer because of all the codes.

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Wrangler JK
582 Posts
She looks like a horse that's been rode hard and put away wet... Walk away to save yourself from being the one who has to euthanize it...

Reactions: Carp0331

·
Registered
2006 Rubicon, 4.0, automatic (stock for now)
958 Posts
^ turn about and hit ludicrous speed out of there! That’s way too much neglect, god only knows what else is wrong that doesn’t throw a code! Only way I would buy that is if I owned a professional shop. Otherwise, no way!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I buy and sell cars on the side right now and I’m sure everyone knows how crazy the market is right now. I see these selling for 17k around me air talker him down to 11k. I’m sure it would have to be completely gone thru but I know that one sensor can throw multiple codes thus I didn’t know if the clock spring would throw the majority of them minus the abs and o2 ones. I have no problem fixing them air my tech 2 can read pretty much anything on the truck. I’m just not looking at chasing things and replacing 20 sensors or tearing the whole truck apart.

·
Registered
2006 Rubicon, 4.0, automatic (stock for now)
958 Posts
Even though you buy/sell vehicles I still wouldn’t touch this one. The chance of something being wrong that you can’t really catch with a scanner I just too high given the obvious lack of care by the current owner. That’s just my .02 though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts