Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking at getting a new battery for the winter. Been hearing alot about the Optima batteries. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yea Red top optimas are the way to go I here aswell.

I've had them in all my vehicles so far. Work great to me, but don't know anything about them :p I just know their expensive :p

·
Registered
444 Posts
I use an Everstart deep cycle marine battery.

Even has extra posts for adding stuff to the battery terminals

feelsgoodman.jpg

·
Registered
60 Posts
Been using optima red tops for years, very dependable however I heard they were bought out 2 or 3 years ago and quality suffered but Ive put one in wifes car since and no prob. Hers is pain to get to, have to take fender well out and the things way hidden. Figured i didnt want to replace it anytime soon so a red top went in. Run these in all 3 vehicles and no probs...

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have the optima red top too. Tough stuff hard to beat. We get really cold winters here and it's never let me down.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Optima's are great. Redtops are good, but If you have a lot of accessories on your jeep, and they pull a lot of amps, you may be better off with a yellow top. the yellow tops are deep cycle and are made for the deep draw

·
Registered
207 Posts
I read one time here that a guy recommended a Sear's Diehard battery. It was their Platinum series. They are the same design as an Optima but are available at any Sear's automotive store and have a better warrenty plus they're a little cheaper than Optimas.

·
Registered
738 Posts
We buy Optima batteries for all our up-armored vehicles here in Iraq. They are a good battery, but we have noticed in the last year or so the quality isn't as good as they used to be. But we are using them in a very extreme environment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts