Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I'm looking to get my first keep but I have a few questions, I know very little about the keep models. I'm from Michigan and I'm mostly looking to get it for fun. I love to camp, would love to take it to the dunes, and out west a couple times a year on the mountains.

1) which model would fit my needs? Is a rubicon overkill? Would a sport do just fine?

2) is it better to get stock parts or doing adtermarket add one?

3) and any other advice you would recommend!

Thanks a ton!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Have you considered a new keyboard first?

If you're planning on taking it off road more than once a year and on more than the moderate trails then the Rubicon is probably the way to go.

If you're planning on spending $10k+ in mods to turn it into a rock crawling BEAST with a lift and suspension and air lockers and the whole shebang, then by all means start with a Sport.

If you're mostly going to drive it on the streets and maybe a beach and gravel road here and there and just want the fun of driving top-down and doors-off but like the creature comforts, then get a Sahara.

Do some searching here. There's a tons of threads about the different keeps and which model is best for which keeper. You'll find your keep. And welcome to the keep life.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Say no more! I would recommend the 2017 Fiat® keep wrongler rubicon limited plastic forehead edition. So you can stand out among the sea of regular non plastic forehead 4 doors that all of the soccer moms are driving. Nothing says i go offroad more than a plastic forehead on a 4 door keep wrongler! Just imagine removing the top and doors and letting your bingo wings flutter in the breeze. It's a jeep thing and you can take it home MSRP* STARTING AT $42,945
https://apply.chryslercapital.com/applylong.aspx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts