Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 2dr '14 JK. I leased it and didn't get the side steps from the factory.

I have been looking at side steps, but there are so many options. Since it's a lease, I don't want to spend alot on them.

I came across these on ebay:
Brand New 07 14 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door 3" Side Armor Step Nerf Bars Black | eBay

What do you guys think of those, or do you know of any nice ones that aren't too expensive?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I just got my 2dr '14 JK. I leased it and didn't get the side steps from the factory. I have been looking at side steps, but there are so many options. Since it's a lease, I don't want to spend alot on them. I came across these on ebay: Brand New 07 14 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door 3" Side Armor Step Nerf Bars Black | eBay What do you guys think of those, or do you know of any nice ones that aren't too expensive? Thanks!
You can usually find factory takeoffs on craigslist for cheap. Folks take off their factory steps to install rock rails instead.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I checked Craigslist, didn't have much luck. Maybe it's better to check there once a week or so.
Yeah, if you're not in a hurry... Deals will come up eventually. :)

·
Registered
772 Posts
I personally don't like the nerf bar. You should keep looking on craigs list for factory takeoff. I bet you are not lifting the jeep since you are leasing so I wonder why you even want a step. My wifes new jeep got lifted with 35's so it is quite a bit higher than stock and even my jeep as far as that goes. She has the factory step and I find it hard to use. It is almost like you have to step up and in at the same time or you find yourself too far up to get in. it's hard to explain. Good luck.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
I deleted several posts, there is no selling in these threads please

·
Registered
325 Posts
Oops, sorry Panthermark.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts